Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Depends on the price, but trading Kopech for him would have a chance to be really damaging come 2022.

I'll be more specific. Is trading Dunning and Micker going to destroy the rebuild? 

I don't think Kopech is getting traded at all. 

Edited by Baron

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Depends on the price, but trading Kopech for him would have a chance to be really damaging come 2022.

If we have to cut payroll substantially because of the virus, ditto Vaughn and Dunning. Where are you coming up with depth if you have to cut payroll next year?

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I'll be more specific. Is trading Dunning and Micker going to destroy the rebuild? 

Destroy? No. Potentially be very costly? To the point it could be a difference maker as soon as next year? Given the situation this year, there’s a really good chance that it could hurt us badly.

Is trading for Lance Lynn going to destroy this entire build? 

I seriously don't get it. Trading for any of the realistic options on here is not going to destroy anything that's being built. In reality people just don't want to trade prospects. 

Depends on the compensation. I would not give up any of Vaughn, Kopech, Dunning or Madrigal. 

Stiever is OK as the main piece but the additions cannot be Dahlquist, Thompson, Crochet or Kelley (I dont think the latter two can be traded right now anyway). We need those guys the next few years to fill in for injuries and/or development issues with others.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Destroy? No. Potentially be very costly? To the point it could be a difference maker as soon as next year? Given the situation this year, there’s a really good chance that it could hurt us badly.

Your adding Lynn for next year and Kopech into the rotation. It's not going to hurt us. That and I don't buy into the doom and gloom for the payroll.

There's just a large portion on here that don't want to see Dunning pitching for another team. I understand but let's stop beating around the bush and exaggerating about the effect it's going to have. 

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

Your adding Lynn for next year and Kopech into the rotation. It's not going to hurt us. That and I don't buy into the doom and gloom for the payroll.

There's just a large portion on here that don't want to see Dunning pitching for another team. I understand but let's stop beating around the bush and exaggerating about the effect it's going to have. 

And $9 million to the payroll. Whether that matters or not I don’t know, but it darn well could. 

If they had to cut payroll by 10% next year, they’d basically already be at that number if they let both Rodon and Mazara walk with that contract. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So with Yoan hurt and Mazara being a bust so far, the Sox really should look to add a quality lefty bat.  This team will struggle against tough righties given the lineup construction.

I expect them to sign Joc for next season. Until then, they will have to make due with what they have.

15 minutes ago, Baron said:

I have no concerns trading Adolfo.  I am more concerned about trading Dunning as I think he’s super underrated and none of the young arms have established themselves yet, but I’d probably be fine with that deal for Lynn in the end.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have no concerns trading Adolfo.  I am more concerned about trading Dunning as I think he’s super underrated and none of the young arms have established themselves yet, but I’d probably be fine with that deal for Lynn in the end.

Well I think the thing for me is. Neither has Dunning. I’m interested to see which teams have actually exchanged names with Texas.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I am very leery about trading Dunning.

I actually do think Kopech could be traded in the off season.

• Like 1

Well I think the thing for me is. Neither has Dunning. I’m interested to see which teams have actually exchanged names with Texas.

He hasn’t but I personally believe he just has that “it” factor and will ultimately be successful.  And until Cease, Kopech, etc. prove themselves, I ideally want as much as depth as possible.