Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

48 minutes ago, Baron said:

Is trading for Lance Lynn going to destroy this entire build? 

I seriously don't get it. Trading for any of the realistic options on here is not going to destroy anything that's being built. In reality people just don't want to trade prospects. 

I actually am fine with trading prospects - I would just rather wait another year and see how the talent continues to develop and than better know where the gaps are to target. I’m not in a rush if I am Hahn. This team took a decade to get here and while I get that it increases urgency for some, I’m on the other end where I say get rodon and bummer back and let’s keep riding this wave. 

Now if there is a legit deal for a top of the rotation cost controlled guy like Degromm or even this Brewer package - heck yeah. I am more in the camp that I’m not trading Kopech  for Lynn.

• Thanks 1

Real talk, what would our playoff bullpen look like right now assuming we make no trades and that Bummer comes back?  Below are basically our current options.  

• RHP: Colome, Heuer, Marshall, Foster, Burdi, Cordero, Cishek, Lopez
  • LHP: Bummer, Fry, Detwiler, Gonzalez, Rodon

IMO, if we add an arm it has to be at least semi impactful.

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I actually am fine with trading prospects - I would just rather wait another year and see how the talent continues to develop and than better know where the gaps are to target. I’m not in a rush if I am Hahn. This team took a decade to get here and while I get that it increases urgency for some, I’m on the other end where I say get rodon and bummer back and let’s keep riding this wave. 

Now if there is a legit deal for a top of the rotation cost controlled guy like Degromm or even this Brewer package - heck yeah. I am more in the camp that I’m not trading Kopech  for Lynn.

The gaps are pretty obvious it seems.  RF and SP

49 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If we have to cut payroll substantially because of the virus, ditto Vaughn and Dunning. Where are you coming up with depth if you have to cut payroll next year?

I don’t want to hear a team with league average payroll cry poor and have to cut payroll the following year elwhen they’ve been “saving” the past few seasons to spend. Virus or not everyone is in the same boat when it comes to this. If JR has to tear things down to save money he just needs to sell the team.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Real talk, what would our playoff bullpen look like right now assuming we make no trades and that Bummer comes back?  Below are basically our current options.  

If no moves are made, they could bring up Crochet. Or even Ty Johnson for a look. Is Ian Hamilton rehabbing or is he even coming back? I know this is only internal options. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The gaps are pretty obvious it seems.  RF and SP

It depends on what Sox thing of Vaughn’s ability to shift positions - but right field definitely would look like a gap. Not sure though that I would put big money over there - not with the quality Sox have all over the diamond. I think you probably just platoon RF as best as possible or look for undervalued vets in offseason. 

And I’m not quite ready to say rotation is issue. The top three have been really good. You than have Lopez, Dunning and Kopech - two of which have top 3 rotation upside, once ace upside. All cost controlled - which is important given where Gio is. Plus our top pick has a live arm - albeit still raw. 

this year - rotation definitely an issue. Lynn would be good - Collins and a pitching prospect not named Dunning or Kopech is something I could get my arms around. I just thing there is too much crazy risk this year to give up farm or top guys (ie player gets COVID and down for two plus weeks when it matters most). Or whole team goes down and now we are playing a Schaumburg squad in the post season. 

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I don’t want to hear a team with league average payroll cry poor and have to cut payroll the following year elwhen they’ve been “saving” the past few seasons to spend. Virus or not everyone is in the same boat when it comes to this. If JR has to tear things down to save money he just needs to sell the team.

In this case - isn’t this even more reason not to give up prospects now. And I tend to agree - next year would be the year to buy a free agent or two while the market is undervalued and while Sox still have a ton of pre arb guys. 

I would rather give Bauer a big short term deal that he wants and still have all my prospects to add depth / longer term upside. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I do like the idea of trading for Phelps from Milwaukee. Having a decent year and his stuff has been good in the past.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Dang it. 

Our brief look at Dunning he looked better than all are other young starters except Gio(who took years to get good). We don't even know what we have with him and people want to trade him away? He could have gotten even better after Tommy John.