Jump to content
Orlando

Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Topping out at 88 in the 5th

Ew. Hard pass on him too then. I checked gameday to make sure the gun was accurate and it was.

I was ok with Bundy at 90-92 but at 88? Nope. 

There just isn't anyone worth trading for available this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’d pass on Lynn because he gave up 3 runs against the best team in baseball?

Good point. I’m just throwing the argument out there. It’s really a tricky one. Lynn is a good pitcher, just look at his body of work. It’s a good resume but also look at his age. How many more years does he have? Whereas you have someone like a Bauer or a Bundy who are younger. However, they don’t have as good of resumes as Lynn, maybe more Bauer so it’s really a tough one. It all comes down to cost. With Lynn’s asking price right now I sense that it will come down to the last minute. If he is there last minute and the price is good, I wouldn’t pass up on him. Like I said, the cost has to be right though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

An extension?

If they agreed to a trade and say a 2 year extension I would be more than okay with dealing a couple prospects for him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ew. Hard pass on him too then. I checked gameday to make sure the gun was accurate and it was.

 

There just isn't anyone worth trading for available this year. 

😂😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

If they agreed to a trade and say a 2 year extension I would be more than okay with dealing a couple prospects for him 

I kinda liked that Lynn was just for this year and next. People around here are already scared he'd lose it next year at 34 or arent convinced he s good enough.If you add in his years 35 an 36 seasons then I would be concerned about overpaying for a decline .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I kinda liked that Lynn was just for this year and next. People around here are already scared he'd lose it next year at 34 or arent convinced he s good enough.If you add in his years 35 an 36 seasons then I would be concerned about overpaying for a decline .

And the extension would probably be a huge amount

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

And the extension would probably be a huge amount

That too. He was appealing to me to start with because he's good , cheap and would be pitching at the height of his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You don't even like Collins and probably not Adolfo either and you also said Dunning 's a 5th starter on contender. Seems a peculiar thing you just said

 

fathom is probably my favorite poster on this site and I have no idea why he would hate that trade proposal when he thinks Collins is horrible and literally just said Dunning is a 5th starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

fathom is probably my favorite poster on this site and I have no idea why he would hate that trade proposal when he thinks Collins is horrible and literally just said Dunning is a 5th starter.

Lol he already explained it to me when I said the exact same thing.

HE didnt quote anyone so it was hard to know which trio he was talking about.

 

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The expanded playoffs has created a situation where there are a lot less teams selling/dumping players. That has created higher demand for the few teams willing to trade. When supply is low and demand high, prices go up. I think this is going on and either something gets done last minute if the price drops or we sit anything major out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

The expanded playoffs has created a situation where there are a lot less teams selling/dumping players. That has created higher demand for the few teams willing to trade. When supply is low and demand high, prices go up. I think this is going on and either something gets done last minute if the price drops or we sit anything major out. 

Correct. Unless a DeGrom, Cole type pitcher becomes available, I don't see it being worth it. And I want a chip more than most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have pretty much stocked our farm system with quality young players and put ourselves in a great position to compete for a playoff spot. Now we have folks advocating that we give away some top youngsters for rental players. People we are not desperate. We don’t need to tear apart what has been built up for a rental that will really have a limited impact over the next thirty games 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Correct. Unless a DeGrom, Cole type pitcher becomes available, I don't see it being worth it. And I want a chip more than most. 

Apparently Ken Rosethal didnt attend economics classes when he said the demand for him didnt include a lot of great offers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We have pretty much stocked our farm system with quality young players and put ourselves in a great position to compete for a playoff spot. Now we have folks advocating that we give away some top youngsters for rental players. People we are not desperate. We don’t need to tear apart what has been built up for a rental that will really have a limited impact over the next thirty games 

What rental? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We have pretty much stocked our farm system with quality young players and put ourselves in a great position to compete for a playoff spot. Now we have folks advocating that we give away some top youngsters for rental players. People we are not desperate. We don’t need to tear apart what has been built up for a rental that will really have a limited impact over the next thirty games 

I think it's crazy that we're advocating for so easily giving away players like Kopech who has such a live arm. I want to see what he looks like as he has legit ace potential. Dunning, same deal. In the right deal, no one's untouchable, but Lance Lynn, Dylan Bundy and those types don't do much for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You had to ask when I resisted that low hanging fruit

Sorry I couldnt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Dunning is a 5th starter on a contender isn't that damn valuable to a Sox team whose contention window is opening?  I am pretty sick of the stiffs we've been sending out there as our 5th starter for the last several years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring a huge collapse the Sox will make the playoffs this year with what they have. They don't need another piece to make it. Don't mortgage away any of the young talent. This coming off season is where you go after those couple pieces this team is lacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Barring a huge collapse the Sox will make the playoffs this year with what they have. They don't need another piece to make it. Don't mortgage away any of the young talent. This coming off season is where you go after those couple pieces this team is lacking.

While I overall agree with the idea of “let’s roll with what we’ve got”, it’s not that simple.  Covid and the short season has maybe created some opportunities to acquire talent that otherwise wouldn’t have been there.  These things must be explored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Barring a huge collapse the Sox will make the playoffs this year with what they have. They don't need another piece to make it. Don't mortgage away any of the young talent. This coming off season is where you go after those couple pieces this team is lacking.

Yes, the Sox are going to make the playoffs. That has been a pretty safe bet for weeks now. But they're also a top ~5 team in all of baseball, and just making the playoffs, as refreshing as it will be given the 12 year drought, should not be the goal now that we know how good this team is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After starting hot, the rumors have died. I’m hoping something breaks over night or tomorrow. Good night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the Sox can acquire a pitcher that is a TOR starter, forget it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orlando said:

After starting hot, the rumors have died. I’m hoping something breaks over night or tomorrow. Good night 

Usually the quieter it is, the better it ends up working out. I'd expect the Sox will do something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×