Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not wanting to give up Kopech.   Honestly, I want us to stand pat and address pitching and OF in free agency.   We have some good prospects but are not deep.   We can’t trade away the farm to enhance our chances of winning a title in a year that would always have an asterisk next to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wow...what a fucking crazy trade that would be.  I’m honestly not sure how I would feel about giving Kopech to the Indians and having to face him for the next half decade, but it definitely would improve our chances significantly for 2020 to 2022.

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

Not wanting to give up Kopech.   Honestly, I want us to stand pat and address pitching and OF in free agency.   We have some good prospects but are not deep.   We can’t trade away the farm to enhance our chances of winning a title in a year that would always have an asterisk next to it.

You’d be getting Clevinger for two full seasons, and he’s basically as good as what you would hope Kopech turns into.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow...what a fucking crazy trade that would be.  I’m honestly not sure how I would feel about giving Kopech to the Indians and having to face him for the next half decade, but it definitely would improve our chances significantly for 2020 to 2022.

Just keep this in mind....the Sox know more about Kopech’s physical/mental health than anyone. If they are willing to trade him, then I support it.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That makes me think they’re dangling Kopech for controllable pitching. I don’t blame them one bit.

Kopech not pitching for two plus years does fuck us over to some extent, as we’ll likely have to monitor his innings closely for 2021 & 2022 whole he rebuilds arm strength.  That’s not ideal for a team that should be full steam ahead next year.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just keep this in mind....the Sox know more about Kopech’s physical/mental health than anyone. If they are willing to trade him, then I support it.

It’s more about the intra-division aspect of it and the fact Cleveland’s pitching lab is amongst the best in baseball.  It’s terrifying to think what they could do with that kind of arm and the risk it posies for the second half of our window.

Just now, fathom said:

In the fun to dream category, Clevinger and Bauer are super close.  It would only help the Sox if they go after Bauer this offseason.

Off topic, but Bauer has said that he's never going to sign a long-term deal and he'll only do 1 year deals as a free agent in perpetuity until he retires. I am fascinated to see if he ends up going through with that.