Orlando

Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

I thought it was pretty clear in context that Coop literally didn't (yet) know why Kopech had opted out and was worried about him based on the same public information we all had on his past.

That's my point. When something goes on with Kopech they may instantly worry about his mental. I question if they no longer want to be concerned with that or think he may eventually call it quits. 

12 minutes ago, knightni said:

I'm not sure that Arizona would accept Dalquist or someone lesser.

I think Arizona would literally give us Robby Ray and Kole Calhoun. They’re both impending FA. Ray has been awful this year, and Calhoun is the meh player he’s always been. 

I think a Collins and Gonzalez type return would be more than enough for those two. And frankly - id prefer that to trading any of Vaughn/Kopech/Madrigal/Dunning unless we’re getting a long term asset like Woodruff. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I think Arizona would literally give us Robby Ray and Kole Calhoun. They’re both impending FA. Ray has been awful this year, and Calhoun is the meh player he’s always been. 

I think a Collins and Gonzalez type return would be more than enough for those two. And frankly - id prefer that to trading any of Vaughn/Kopech/Madrigal/Dunning unless we’re getting a long term asset like Woodruff. 

I'd be fine with trading less if it could happen; I believe that Calhoun isn't a FA until after 2021 though.

Ray struck out 235 in 174 IP last year - This is his worst season in his entire career - and it's only 7 starts.

He's had three 200 K seasons and he's only 28.

1 minute ago, knightni said:

I'd be fine with trading less if it could happen; I believe that Calhoun isn't a FA until after 2021 though.

Ray struck out 235 in 174 IP last year - This is his worst season in his entire career - and it's only 7 starts.

Ohh yeah, I forgot the Dbacks gave Calhoun a 2 year deal. Blehhh...don’t really want him around next year, TBH. 

I agree on Ray. I like him a lot, said as much many times here. I think he’s a great target now, and this offseason as well. But Dbacks can’t expect to get much from him as he’s controlled for a month, he’s been walking the world and has an era approaching 8. Definitely aren’t getting a Stiever type prospect for him, IMO. 

19 minutes ago, knightni said:

Isn’t Ray’s velocity down quite a bit this year?

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He's had issues with too many walks in the past - maybe the D'Backs coaches were tweaking him and it's not worked.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/robbie-rays-redesigned-arm-action-hasnt-worked-out-so-far-in-his-final-season-before-free-agency/

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No right around where its always been. He’s also striking out more guys than ever. His problem has been a combination of sky-high walk rate and becoming an extreme fly ball pitcher. 

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

No right around where its always been. He’s also striking out more guys than ever. His problem has been a combination of sky-high walk rate and becoming an extreme fly ball pitcher. 

Who wouldn't want to acquire that?

• Like 1

Yeah I don't really want Ray. That 7.84 ERA and 31 walks in 31 innings. Screams desirable ha

Edited by soxfan2014

4 hours ago, knightni said:

Ray is a big no for me.  I hate pitchers that cant throw strikes