Yolmer back!

Princess Dye

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Goins will go in favor of Madrigal, so unless Moncada is going to the DL, I don't see the roster slot for Yolmer at this time.

He will take Delmonico's spot when he's ready to go. I do agree, there is not much opportunity here. Surprised he came back actually. But it's for a month at best. The money is probably the same everywhere, he might as well go to something familiar. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He will take Delmonico's spot when he's ready to go. I do agree, there is not much opportunity here. Surprised he came back actually. But it's for a month at best. The money is probably the same everywhere, he might as well go to something familiar. 

Delmonico was already optioned for Lopez.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

NIcky is already gone.

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

Imagine being mad about this when Ryan Goins was playing third base in one of the two or three most important games of the year thus far. 

"We need defense with Madrigal out and Moncada hurt!"

Sox sign gold glove 2B with clubhouse familiarity

"Not like that!"

• Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

"Not like that!"

I think the problem is he could have an aluminum bat and still not be able to hit the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

"Not like that!"

I am 100% down with this move and have been since he was freed up from SF.  He is a great fit in the clubhouse and would be able to step in and at least play great defense while someone else was out.

My only concerns are more general in nature, and not necessarily specific to Yolmer:

• A tendency to return to what's familiar over trying something new/different;
  • Carrying too many of these types of players on a roster;
  • The person filling out the lineup card who reflexively keeps playing them, or worse, batting them high in the lineup
  • Like 1