AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX NO HITTER WINNER

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Especially in the 7th / 8th / 9th it seemed like if it wasn’t a clear ball, they were whiffing. Such a masterpiece tonight

He’s so much better than them that they were missing pitches that Lucas would definitely state weren’t thrown well

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

I've never heard an announcer who sounded as nervous as the pitcher looked lol. I wouldn't want it that way every time, but it was perfect tonight, really made me feel the nerves too

Didn't catch it live unfortunately - I somehow missed the MLB alerts of "GIOLITO NO HITTER INTO THE 8th"

Went back and watched the 9th and Benetti was on point during that inning.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This comes at an awesome time to keep up the momentum with the fan base from last week’s fireworks. 

A special night I’ll remember regardless. But man that stadium would have been rocking tonight

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

A special night I’ll remember regardless. But man that stadium would have been rocking tonight

Definitely- it sucks for Giolito that he didn’t get the thrill of a stadium erupting on that last catch. Obviously tossing a no-hitter must feel amazing, but hearing that roar of the crowd must also be one hell of a feeling  

Edited by Chris Sale

6 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Definitely- it sucks for Giolito that he didn’t get the thrill of a stadium erupting on that last catch. Obviously tossing a no-hitter must feel great, but hearing that roar of the crowd must really be one hell of a felling 

Think of the silver lining - a lot of people have been stressed as hell due to this pandemic and Lucas Giolito just gave them some momentary happiness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Definitely- it sucks for Giolito that he didn’t get the thrill of a stadium erupting on that last catch. Obviously tossing a no-hitter must feel great, but hearing that roar of the crowd must really be one hell of a felling 

What sucks alsl is that he can't go out to celebrate. 

• Like 1

@Jack Parkman if anybody deserves credit here, it's me. 

3 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Giolito is throwing a perfect game tonight.

I had this called in the 2nd inning. I was ONE WALK off from calling this game correctly. My eye for talent saw what Giolito had tonight. Give credit where credit is due, folks.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Haha 2