AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX NO HITTER WINNER

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I went from "will they make the playoffs?" to "can they maybe get a top-4 seed in the playoffs?" to "how deep of a run will they make in the playoffs" in about two weeks

I feel the same way. The great thing about this is that fans can feel this way without thinking they are like goof-ball, pie-in-the-sky Cub fans. I can't remember any Sox team going through such a period. It is really time to believe. It is so great to be able to believe.

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

^^^^

Hahn needs to not be stupid and keep his top guys. They're going to need them. 

Prospects/young MLBers that shouldn't be traded for anything less than Jacob deGrom at this time, subject to re-evaluation every 6 months: 

Cease

Vaughn

Madrigal

Crochet

Kelley

What on earth gave you any indication that Hahn would be moving his top guys? Such a strange post.

• Like 1

That was a dominant pitching performance. Lucus had great command from the first pitch.

Some no-hitters are flukes.

This was no fluke.

And Kenny-Hahn needs to talk with the guy that help turned Giolito around. If he could do that with Lopez - that would be quite a haul from the Nats.

I was thoroughly impressed with Dunning.

Edited by GradMc

4 minutes ago, Capital G said:

this was the most dominant NH I have watched. MB's were great but no one on Pitt even hit him hard (maybe last at bat). Only 1 good defensive play.

mad props to McCann. Shook off once and he framed some nice pitches too.

I got emotional when Giolito and McCann embraced. That should have been a perfect game. Watching those two work together was special.

• Like 1

My son and I are die hard fans, and we were glued to the TV.  My wife and daughters are fans but don't watch/pay attention much to the games on TV.  We were all literally on the edge of our seats for the 9th.  When that ball came off the bat and was slicing towards RF, I thought for sure it was a hit.  If Mazara was out there, it probably would have been.  Engel made it look easy.

Lots of good stuff last night on top of Giolito's masterpiece.  Tim's play and Jose's stretch saved the no hitter for sure.  Mendick made a couple nice plays.  And McCann is just awesome.  He and Giolito make an incredible battery.

That was easily the most fun (and stressful) time I've had watching a game in a long time.

Good bonding moment between me and the gf. First ever game we watched together. She started to pay attention in the 7th, called Giolito Gelato, commented on how good Stone and Bennetti were, and then told me she wanted to watch more Sox games with me and that she was now a Sox fan.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Good bonding moment between me and the gf. First ever game we watched together. She started to pay attention in the 7th, called Giolito Gelato, commented on how good Stone and Bennetti were, and then told me she wanted to watch more Sox games with me and that she was now a Sox fan.

Have to say when I started to read "and then..." I didn't see it going that way!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No need to confess.  He is settling into this job very nicely and making it his own.  I like the kid a lot too.  I just wish they would find him a better match as a partner.

Jason will eventually be getting a new partner.  I enjoy how much they get along.   Stone Pony is still one of the best.   

Normally incisive and insightful even in the worst moments, Giolito had few answers, saying a version of “I let it get too quick for me” multiple times.

You always saw Giolito’s talent. You always could make sense of Giolito’s explanations for how or why things went wrong and how they might be fixed soon. But how would it ever all work in the major leagues if that could happen to him? If he was so easily overwhelmed? Between high school injuries, struggles with the Nationals and the 2018 season, his parents, loving him as they did, had got out of the habit of watching his games live.

“I used to watch, but I just can’t anymore. My heart — I get too nervous,” Giolito’s father, Rick, said in a phone call with The Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/2023401/2020/08/26/white-sox-lucas-giolitos-transformation-grows-more-incredible-with-a-no-hitter/?source=dailyemail