AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX NO HITTER WINNER

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

I LOVE that Benetti had no problem saying it was a no hitter the closer they got. I hate that superstitious crap that you cant acknowledge it.

Totally agree, but I will cut some announcers some slack. Obviously the tradition is very important to the players, and I think that is why former players turned announcers often carry that superstition with them to the booth. Still, so refreshing to hear the PbP guy acknowledge and elucidate the significance of the moment as it grew closer and closer. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, gusguyman said:

Totally agree, but I will cut some announcers some slack. Obviously the tradition is very important to the players, and I think that is why former players turned announcers often carry that superstition with them to the booth. Still, so refreshing to hear the PbP guy acknowledge and elucidate the significance of the moment as it grew closer and closer. 

I didn't see the game but if Jason mentioned the no-no, this deserves national publicity to be the shining example that the superstition is B.S. I've heard ballplayers get mad in the past if they hear the announcer jinxed a no-no. Kudos to Jason for mentioning it beforehand.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I didn't see the game but if Jason mentioned the no-no, this deserves national publicity to be the shining example that the superstition is B.S. I've heard ballplayers get mad in the past if they hear the announcer jinxed a no-no. Kudos to Jason for mentioning it beforehand.

he mentioned it about 5 different ways from the 6 to the 8, and then just started flat out calling it a no hitter, and the pirates were hitless. It was such a refreshing game call. He is really growing on me as an elite PbP guy. 

• Like 1