Sox vs Pittsburgh 8/26 game thread 1:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

This team is an absolute pleasure to watch right now. 

Man, I am slobbering at how many wins we could potentially stack with our upcoming schedule. 

Really trying not to get my hopes up... but the way we've been playing and dominating poor competition. KC/DET/PIT is such cake (yes, I know, Minny in the middle). 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

absolutely. Orioles got crapped on last year but they had a number of guys surprise. This team has none of that, and unlike the tigers, no respectable vets keeping it somewhat afloat.

Even the bad Sox teams of the past few years had exciting players. There were too many innings where I felt like taking a nap or running to the store, but there were still at bats and starts that I had to see. Closest the Pirates have to that is, what, Polanco? Yuck.

Just now, fathom said:

Yep when he loses it, it goes fast

Atlanta used to often pull him after 5ish innings pitched. I would be puzzled when he was throwing well. I sort of get it now. I don't know if it's a problem with the 3rd time through the order or if he just fatigues suddenly. But... every start he just cruises. Then, the 6th inning happens, and he's a totally different pitcher. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Third time through the lineup.

Oh, totally. But outings like these where he just totally loses his command. I think it's third time through the lineup - plus him fatiguing.