AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

Fewer things more satisfying than kicking the crap out of clearly inferior teams. Nice to be on the opposing end of it (the right side).

I remember 2 years ago going to see sox v dodgers, them coming up to the plate with everyone hitting like .900 OPS and them just beating the absolute snot out of the sox. Now that's us.

• Like 3

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

All of this happened after Keuchel called them out. In hindsight that was probably the turning point of this rebuild. KEEP IT UP IN KC!

Low point was definitely the STL double header. Went from valley to peak very quickly.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Uh, ha, honestly not sure how to respond to this question. In august?

Meaning 31 games into the season. SouthWallace mentioned the 23-10 start. That seems so long ago, and I barely remember it. It really wasn't that long ago. That's why I am enjoying this while it lasts. It seems so awfully long ago. Regardless, it's nice to play in games that matter. It's been a long time for that, too.

What's really sick is that this team is no where close to full strength yet.  Madrigal and Vaughn could easily become the best overall hitters in this lineup, and Kopech could become as good as Giolito.  I never thought all these big prospects would pan out, but if they do.....scary.  They'll be better than the Cubs, Astros, or Royals ever were after their rebuilds.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Meaning 31 games into the season. SouthWallace mentioned the 23-10 start. That seems so long ago, and I barely remember it. It really wasn't that long ago. That's why I am enjoying this while it lasts. It seems so awfully long ago. Regardless, it's nice to play in games that matter. It's been a long time for that, too.

That teams was smoke and mirrors. There's way more talent on this team.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That teams was smoke and mirrors. There's way more talent on this team.

Yeah, Mat Latos pitched to a ridiculously low ERA for a stretch even though he was completely washed up. There were a lot of guys overperforming that came back to earth quickly. 

Nice, easy win today. This had all the makings of a let down game, but the Sox effectively put the game away in the 2nd inning.

48 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

All of this happened after Keuchel called them out. In hindsight that was probably the turning point of this rebuild. KEEP IT UP IN KC!

I think it had a little more to do with TA returning to the lineup. But whatever works for them to win.