AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

17 minutes ago, flavum said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they bail on playing Friday and opt for two 7- inning games Saturday.

I am expecting this as well. Or even the entire weekend being interrupted. It'll be interesting to see how the situation evolves in MLB vs NBA over the next 24 hours

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I am expecting this as well. Or even the entire weekend being interrupted. It'll be interesting to see how the situation evolves in MLB vs NBA over the next 24 hours

I was referring to weather Friday night. Not supposed to be very good.

29 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Passan already said that Reds/Brewers tonight is postponed and the M's are already discussing action, since they lead baseball in black players

Jose Abreu is playing out of his mind right now. If he was playing a full season this is probably about a 45 home run pace (mathematically, 12 home runs over 31 games is 62 home runs but I know baseball doesn't actually work like that). So fun to see him actually hitting in a lineup where not only does he not have to carry most of the weight, he's maybe the 3rd or 4th best hitter.

Definitely a big change in board sentiment is now people gleeful that another team was duped into thinking Quintana was good when during the 2016/17 offseason and season it was mostly rage posting at the Astros to pound sand if they didn’t think Quintana was the ace he was!

Quintana was a great pitcher for us, It sucks to me that he is now a punch line. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a career renassaince and finds his effectiveness once again.

• Like 1

Definitely a big change in board sentiment is now people gleeful that another team was duped into thinking Quintana was good when during the 2016/17 offseason and season it was mostly rage posting at the Astros to pound sand if they didn’t think Quintana was the ace he was!

Quintana was a great pitcher for us, It sucks to me that he is now a punch line. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a career renassaince and finds his effectiveness once again.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I agree. He was outstanding for the White Sox. I would love for that renaissance to happen for him. If he could escape the Cubs, things could  be great for him. Of course, you could say that about any player. 

42 minutes ago, bmags said:

I wouldn't give up assets for him, but I would be willing to bring him back in a Gio Gonzalez role for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flavum said:

I was referring to weather Friday night. Not supposed to be very good.

I really dislike 7 inning games when a team like the Sox has a good bullpen and a lineup that can put up crooked numbers late in games. Just think our odds of overcoming late inning deficits are better than most other teams.

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

Jose Abreu is playing out of his mind right now. If he was playing a full season this is probably about a 45 home run pace (mathematically, 12 home runs over 31 games is 62 home runs but I know baseball doesn't actually work like that). So fun to see him actually hitting in a lineup where not only does he not have to carry most of the weight, he's maybe the 3rd or 4th best hitter.

I'm sure his power surge is -  his chin rubber band

2 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

I agree. He was outstanding for the White Sox. I would love for that renaissance to happen for him. If he could escape the Cubs, things could  be great for him. Of course, you could say that about any player. 

I thought he got even better with the Cubs until it fell apart.  With us, he would get two strikes and start pecking away at the corners and run up his pitch count for lack of a putaway pitch.  With the Cubs that wicked slider became a putaway pitch.  Gotta like what we got for him!