Rob Manfred

Harold's Leg Lift

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, SoxAce said:

Ugh...

Sad, but expected. Cheapen the regular season to the point where it's just a 162 exhibition season. It was bad enough with the addition of a wild card, allowing also rans which couldn't win a four or five team division to be "champion". 16 teams (+ perhaps they'll go to 22 teams like the NHL this year) makes the season a complete farce. With World Series ratings the lowest ever, hard to argue "expanded playoffs" has increased fan interest. Another short term money grab at the expense of long term fan interest and upholding the integrity of the regular season.

Several Rotisserie League teams is my primary tie-in to the sport at this point.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sad, but expected. Cheapen the regular season to the point where it's just a 162 exhibition season. It was bad enough with the addition of a wild card, allowing also rans which couldn't win a four or five team division to be "champion". 16 teams (+ perhaps they'll go to 22 teams like the NHL this year) makes the season a complete farce. With World Series ratings the lowest ever, hard to argue "expanded playoffs" has increased fan interest. Another short term money grab at the expense of long term fan interest and upholding the integrity of the regular season.

Several Rotisserie League teams is my primary tie-in to the sport at this point.

I'm good with expanding playoffs (especially since there will a couple more teams in the next few years), but 16 is definitely too much. It would be better with more teams thinking they have a shot to win it later in the year rather than out of it by May/June.

Like expanding to 14 teams in the playoffs. Muck all over the extra innings rule. Hope that they'll also add two new expansion teams, one in Portland and another in Nashville.

That would also justify an expanded post season pool more.

I’m ok with expanded playoffs but I think it should be 12 teams. Six in each league. You should be rewarded for winning your division over 162 game season so no byes or short series. 

Division winners l to ALDS/NLDS. 

Wild Cards 3 plays Wild Card 2. Winner plays Wild Card 1. Single game/winner take all. 

Then reseed going into divisional series based on overall wins. But WC playoff winner doesn’t get home field in any round during DS or LCS. Or atleast not in the divisional round. 

Edited by zenryan

I hope that they do not go with the 2nd base gimmick nor this play-off team addition. There should be a premium for playing well and winning in the regular season. Letting a team like the Stros with a losing record make the play-offs is hokey.