I don't think we'll see a game until Saturday

Richie

DISCLAIMER: This is, in no way, making a statement either for or against the protests. I think we all want to keep that stuff off of the general board. 

Looks like every team that did not engage in a protest (refusal to play) last night, has decided to do so today. The White Sox (off today and played early yesterday before the trend caught fire) have not yet had the opportunity to sit out a game in protest. The Royals were also off today and played their game last night vs STL. They also have yet to protest. Logic dictates that both clubs will take that opportunity tomorrow, no?

I expect a PPD followed by a 7 inning doubleheader on Saturday. 

Edited by Richie

I posted this in the MLB forum, the Mets GM is on a leaked video saying Manfred "Just doesn't get it" and describing an attempt to get the Mets to do a social justice demonstration while still playing. This won't help.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/109316-mlb-2020-catch-all-thread/&do=findComment&comment=3960779

Protesting for a good cause means a lot more if you arent doing it when its convenient. The NBA players dont want to play during the pandemic .  So even if you truly want social reform then do something. Not playing basketball during a pandemic and disguising it as a protest of social injustice seems a bit convenient to me. The intentions are valid but I wonder if the same thing happens without the pandemic.

Sorry if what I said was what the OP wanted to avoid.

The baseball season has already been altered so much by Covid . Just cancel the season now  and pay everyone accordingly and everyone can protest all they want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Protesting for a good cause means a lot more if you arent doing it when its convenient. The NBA players dont want to play during the pandemic .  So even if you truly want social reform then do something. Not playing basketball during a pandemic and disguising it as a protest of social injustice seems a bit convenient to me. The intentions are valid but I wonder if the same thing happens without the pandemic.

Sorry if what I said was what the OP wanted to avoid.

The baseball season has already been altered so much by Covid . Just cancel the season now  and pay everyone accordingly and everyone can protest all they want.

Huh???

The NBA has been playing games in the dome for some time now. I have not hear anything about the protesting of games in the past 24 hour or so being related in any way to COVID. 

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I hope they don't play. Bigger than sports.

I'd really like to keep politics out of this. Not everyone feels this way and I would rather keep our baseball board a baseball board.

• Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

I believe they will play because  JACKIE ROBINSON day so play ball!!

As we all know, the story of Jackie Robinson is in no way shape or form political and definitely didn't involve discrimination against Black people.

• Like 3

This thread has been also closed, edited, and reopened.  We have removed all posts that went with the racially charged discussion from the Kenosha protests.  If anyone has questions, please feel free to message one of the admin/mod staff in private.  From this point on if you would like to talk about the impact on the MLB side of things, please feel free.  If you want to comment about the Kenosha situations, the players, their ethics, or any of racial issues that go with this, especially to use racially charged terminology that you wouldn't used around mixed company, don't.  The posts will be deleted, and your future status on Soxtalk will be discussed.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This thread has been also closed, edited, and reopened.  We have removed all posts that went with the racially charged discussion from the Kenosha protests.  If anyone has questions, please feel free to message one of the admin/mod staff in private.  From this point on if you would like to talk about the impact on the MLB side of things, please feel free.  If you want to comment about the Kenosha situations, the players, their ethics, or any of racial issues that go with this, especially to use racially charged terminology that you wouldn't used around mixed company, don't.  The posts will be deleted, and your future status on Soxtalk will be discussed.

Not sure that last sentence conveys the threat level necessitated in these trying times.

All I will say is what several others have said. There are many things more important than sports. That is why there are no fans in the stands. To say the least, the country is going through an awful time right now. Sports comes in a distant second even though it helps to have a diversion.

• Like 1