White Sox Acquire Jarrod Dyson from PIT

Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

It seems to be current period $, which is fine I guess. If they ain't using it might as well get the fastest OF in the majors or whatever.

That's good then, I guess.  Dyson is an elite defender and speedster, so I guess he's not terrible to have around to replace Eloy in LF in 9th innings if Engel is playing RF.  Also as a pinch runner in extras.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the 10th inning extra runner out there, and the extra roster spots for the playoffs, he could be a great tool as a PR and replacement OF.

Is the extra inning rule of a man on 2nd to start the inning effective in the playoffs as well this year?

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Having Engel and Dyson as the back ups in the OF gives us a lot of different opportunities late in games to pinch run/replace Eloy and Nomar in the OF. Nothing wrong with it

Also keep in mind, if Engel is going to be starting more, we won't have him as an off of the bench tool.

5 minutes ago, HaroldSouthside said:

His SB career numbers are very impressive. 85% career success rate. Stole 30 out of 34 attempts last year. Is 4 for 4 this season. 

One of the best base runners in mlb history. Thats not an exaggeration. Hes a guy that goes and gets you a run late in a playoff game.