Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch

Bad Hombre

3 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Mendick played 9 games in the outfield last year for Charlotte. You can have both in the lineup. 

That is an interesting option....but I do like Engel's defense out there.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I have always liked Madrigal but the Sox are on a roll....Madrigal is Wally Pipp until Mendick comes back down to earth imho.

Come back down to earth?  Homeboy is hitting .266 with a .314 OBP.  He's kept 2B from being a black hole in the lineup, but he is firmly on the earth right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Come back down to earth?  Homeboy is hitting .266 with a .314 OBP.  He's kept 2B from being a black hole in the lineup, but he is firmly on the earth right now.

I agree.. If Madrigal is viewed as one of our core guys, he shouldn't be riding pine. Mendick has exceeded expectation, but you role with your main guys. Otherwise, Engel should be in RF, McCann at C, and Yasmani at DH as well. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

7 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Mendick has been playing very nice defense and has held down the 9 hole quite nicely during this long stretch of winning baseball but you go ahead and keep shitting on the "homeboy".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's been a little lucky on some of his HRs but they are playing with a juiced ball at the Cell in August.  Ride him until it's obvious he's lost it.  There's zero reason to prefer Madrigal imo.

You people are really ready to bench Madrigal because a bench player has had a decent stretch of games. Mendick is just another Leury or Yolmer when he is good.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

But it must have had an exit velocity of less than 32 MPH!

I could have sworn one of his hits before he was hurt was 110.  It is amazing how many people don’t seem to want this kid to be successful just because Keith Law doesn’t think he will be. 

I doubt I can find it, but back when TA was a rookie, I mentioned how the ball seemed to really carry off his bat and I thought maybe some day he might be a 20-25 homer guy. There was a post telling me his exit velocities didn’t support that thought.

Thinking a guy like Madrigal is a finished product will only make you look like you don’t know what you are talking about in the long run IMO. I think he is too clever and makes too much contact not to be really good.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I could have sworn one of his hits before he was hurt was 110.  It is amazing how many people don’t seem to want this kid to be successful just because Keith Law doesn’t think he will be. 

112 I think. And another over 99.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Yea, I for one can’t wait to see him piss off opposing teams for years to come. He’s going to be exactly the type of Twins players we all loathed for a decade.

24 minutes ago, pcq said:

Now son this here is what they call a pennant race. They used to have them when I was your age. 

Feels like forever ago. So much fun. Can’t believe people actually thought and some still wish MLB just cancelled the season. This is so good for our boys. Will pay major benefits in 21-26 window. This is what all that losing baseball was for, and this is just the very beginning.

Feels good.

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Feels like forever ago. So much fun. Can’t believe people actually thought and some still wish MLB just cancelled the season. This is so good for our boys. Will pay major benefits in 21-26 window. This is what all that losing baseball was for, and this is just the very beginning.

Feels good.

It does feel good.  I'm excited for sox baseball everyday.  Us sox fans deserve this.

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Feels good.

That and not wanting expanded playoffs. Expanded playoffs this year is the best thing that could have happened to this organization. 

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

So draft position is the separator.  Huh.  I think I read that somewhere.

Always for getting the chance to play. If you don't believe that you do not follow sports.