Actual Sox trade chatter

southsider2k5

It would be nice, but I certainly don’t see the value in trading Cease or Dunning and Stiever for Lance Lynn.

Now is the time owners have been crying about their losses. Take on some money and keep the prospect capital. As we all know, you never have too much pitching, and a couple of these guys will be needed down the road even if the Sox have great health. No need blowing your wad on 2020. You are an ill timed Covid breakout from it being a waste anyways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Yeah I really don’t want to give up much more than Collins and Stiever. That probably won’t get us Bauer, Lynn, or Ray though so we’ll see. We should have been in on someone like Taijuan Walker. Unless it’s Bauer, I’m not sure I feel like Ray or Lynn are locks to be dominate post season pitchers that make us instant WS contenders anyway. Another solid starter that can give us a consistent 6 innings with 3 ER or less would very helpful.

We’ve got a great thing going with the young talent on this team, don’t force a trade to try and rush it along in this weird shortened season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Yeah I really don’t want to give up much more than Collins and Stiever. That probably won’t get us Bauer, Lynn, or Ray though so we’ll see. We should have been in on someone like Taijuan Walker. Unless it’s Bauer, I’m not sure I feel like Ray or Lynn are locks to be dominate post season pitchers that make us instant WS contenders anyway. Another solid starter that can give us a consistent 6 innings with 3 ER or less would very helpful.

We’ve got a great thing going with the young talent on this team, don’t force a trade to try and rush it along in this weird shortened season.

Ray has been horrible this year, so can’t imagine he’d cost much to acquire.  And in all honesty, he’d be a questionable addition given his control issues at the moment.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• bmags locked this topic