Sox vs KC 8/29 game thread 1:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Tim didn't catch yesterday. 

Ha. But joking aside, McCann must be getting rather annoyed riding the pine while sitting there with the fourth highest OPS on the team, which is also nearly 300 points higher than EE.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

9 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ha. But joking aside, McCann must be getting rather annoyed riding the pine while sitting there with the fourth highest OPS on the team, which is also nearly 300 points higher than EE.

Yeah James should catch today and DH Yaz. EE can pinch hit for Mazara if needed with Engel being a defensive replacement. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah James should catch today and DH Yaz. EE can pinch hit for Mazara if needed with Engel being a defensive replacement. 

It seems they really want to get EE going since his a notorious slow starter, if they can get him going it would be huge for September 

14 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

It seems they really want to get EE going since his a notorious slow starter, if they can get him going it would be huge for September 

Yeah but we need James and EE going. On an off day EE cN still get one of his at bats at least. 

26 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

My cousin overheard a guy at the airport say that Lance Lynn has requested McCann be his personal catcher for the rest of the season so they are saving James for Sunday's TBA starting pitcher. :cool:

35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

And not just that but also to keep Grandal’s legs fresh. Don’t understand why he’s catching the day game after a night game.

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I know I am rather annoyed by it...although I wonder if there really is some subtance to the theory that the more James gets rest. The better he is. He was overused by the Tigers and by us, and he wasn't that great during the 2nd half last year. Maybe he needs less games in order to be a great catcher?

Edited by ScooterMcGee