Sox vs KC 8/29 game thread 1:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

2020 Murderers' Row KC Royals lol

I always rooted for bubba Starling but I have no idea how he's doing. And some people have accused me of being a closet KC fan. Not me. I know all about Mendick and Engel but not the KC stiffs.

4 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I am not looking forward to Ricky’s bullpen management in the playoffs 😑

Certainly Cooper has a big role in the bullpen decisions. The guy has been around forever and is a pitching genius. You can't tell me he's not making the calls in the bullpen.

4 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Moncada needs to go to the IL c’mon man he looks brutal running to first

I bet you this does happen. It's going to hurt our lineup, it really is if this happens. Oh well, he needs to heal.

5 hours ago, wegner said:

Maybe the Sox go after bullpen help instead of starting pitching?

Renteria clearly seems to not have any trust in Cishek.

Cishek is another guy when he comes in I can picture Fathom whacking a gapper off him or drawing a walk .Me no likey Cishek at least so far.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I would've thought he'd get the day off today 

I worship Jose as some know, but for some reason my brain tells me he needs a day off once in a while and never gets one. Some of these veteran players I think get very upset at the manager when they are not in the lineup ... and some veteran pitchers (Verlander, Sale, even our own Dallas K) get very upset when the manager hooks them with two on and two out in the seventh inning in a 5-1 ballgame or in the eighth in a 5-1 ballgame with men on second and third an one out. More unwritten rules ... let the proven veterans do what they want.

Edited by greg775

4 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Perhaps he should have been "day to day" when the final out was registered on Sunday at Wrigley, not now with a Twins series coming up, you fucking moron

Isn't that a decision of the training staff?

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

I didn’t watch the game today. Did Burdi miss his spots and have bad command? How was the speed on his pitches? It just looked like a rough day for the pitching staff from the box score, I missed this game today. Burdi is from my hometown so I was just curious.

Velocity was fine but no command and his slider was completely flat.  No break at all on it.  Dont remember the last time i saw so many hanging sliders in a single inning