8.30.20 GT | Royals @ Sox | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

In a year that they aren’t playing extra games to break ties, I hate to break it, but the Sox are in second place.

It doesn’t really matter, Fathom/Flavum.

White Sox have an above 90% chance of making the playoff (last I saw it was about 97%)

3 minutes ago, Pal said:

Sox gotta go grab Gallo and Lynn now. Every other game has been a sign for the last 14 days

Gallo has way more value than Lynn. If we can get him and Lynn, I'd easily give up Kopech.

Just now, Dallas Kong said:

Kyle Lewis is gonna have a say. Honestly, right now, it's between those two. I don't think Dobnak factors in.

I don't follow the Mariners but I see Lewis has great numbers...I am going to assume he is also a great defender?

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I don't follow the Mariners but I see Lewis has great numbers...I am going to assume he is also a great defender?

No he's actually below average according to UZR and DRS. That's where Robert has a huge leg up on him.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Gallo has way more value than Lynn. 

That's arguable in general, but for the Sox it is certainly not even close to true. What would you rather have, Engel in right and Lynn on the mound, or Gallo in right and Lopez pitching? I wouldn't trade Lynn for Gallo straight up. Need horses to win in the playoffs, and Lynn is a horse. The Sox are already breaking home run records.

Lance Lynn WAR since beginning of 2019: 9.6.

Gallo career war: 9.8

3 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Ya think?

Yeah.  Not every translation was necessarily word-for-word, which can't always happen since some things don't translate well, but generally got the gist of what Robert was saying.  I haven't really heard him much otherwise.

Obviously no boxing translator Jerry Olaya.  Now that guy is amazing, IMHO.  Best translator I've ever heard.

7 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Yeah.  Not every translation was necessarily word-for-word, which can't always happen since some things don't translate well, but generally got the gist of what Robert was saying.  I haven't really heard him much otherwise.

Obviously no boxing translator Jerry Olaya.  Now that guy is amazing, IMHO.  Best translator I've ever heard.

If you say so