Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

bmags

Imagine being Cleveland, alone in 1st place at the deadline, halfway through this condensed season, trading one of their best pitchers to an upstart division rival nipping at their heals and poised to be competitive for the division title for the next half decade.  This would be White Flag trade level bad for them.  

I just don't buy it Bob. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Imagine being Cleveland, alone in 1st place at the deadline, halfway through this condensed season, trading one of their best pitchers to an upstart division rival nipping at their heals and poised to be competitive for the division title for the next half decade.  This would be White Flag trade level bad for them.  

I just don't buy it Bob. 

That actually doesn't seem odd. They have been slowly selling off this team for a while now.

It will never happen. Both fanbases would be upset as it means at least one of Dunning/Kopech is assuredly gone and the Indians are only a game apart. 

With that stated, I would try to get Plesac included as well (clearly they both enjoy Chicago) since we honestly need two starters. Now the Indians might be doing this trade in part, because they are trying to open a spot for Plesac.

10 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

It will never happen. Both fanbases would be upset as it means at least one of Dunning/Kopech is assuredly gone and the Indians are only a game apart. 

With that stated, I would try to get Plesac included as well (clearly they both enjoy Chicago) since we honestly need two starters. Now the Indians might be doing this trade in part, because they are trying to open a spot for Plesac.

I don’t want to trade Dunning.

But I would trade Dunning so fast in a deal for Clevinger. Not a soul in Soxland should have a problem with that. 

Kopech is one that is painful, and would require more thought. But I think you definitely have to do it for Clevinger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t want to trade Dunning.

But I would trade Dunning so fast in a deal for Clevinger. Not a soul in Soxland should have a problem with that. 

Kopech is one that is painful, and would require more thought. But I think you definitely have to do it for Clevinger. 

I'm in agreement. I don't want to trade either, but for someone like Clevinger, I would live with trading Dunning (since I think he's further away). If I traded both, it would have to be for a DeGrom type pitcher.

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I agree with this. They want the Clevinger rumor out there and they had Merkin tweet “only players with longer contracts” out of the blue yesterday. They definitely want both those ideas out there. Probably trying to force Texas’ hand on Lynn.

• Like 1