Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

bmags

I don't want to hear that he was right and something fell through either.

This guy said a trade has been completed and involves MLB talent from both sides and the Sox fans will be very happy.

When I wake up tomorrow and we still have all our young talent I will be doubly happy; happy we didn't move anything for a question, and happy Cishek can RIP.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You think he’s a fraud?

I think he's as is in the know as most other sox insiders; that means he may know one thing a year, but in general he knows nothing outside of some buddies opinion, or misinformation.

I'll use raBBit as an example. All he did was tell Soxtalk he had worked so much he doesn't talk to Sox people anymore and yada yada when the Sox were bad... now the Sox are good last 8ish months and guy is out on twitter posting rumor after rumor from his "sources" that 12 months ago he no longer had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think he's as is in the know as most other sox insiders; that means he may know one thing a year, but in general he knows nothing outside of some buddies opinion, or misinformation.

I'll use raBBit as an example. All he did was tell Soxtalk he had worked so much he doesn't talk to Sox people anymore and yada yada when the Sox were bad... now the Sox are good last 8ish months and guy is out on twitter posting rumor after rumor from his "sources" that 12 months ago he no longer had. 

Rabbit was on fire 2 or 3 years ago. He had to have someone. He blew away all National guys and Sox beat guys with Sox moves.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Pitcher ERA has to be over 2 runs lower with McCann behind the plate at this point. Last time I checked his ERA was about 3 and that was shortly before he caught 15 consecutive no hit innings.

If there is anyone who knows how to pitch on this roster, it is Giolito and Keuchel. Giolito has been clear in his preference for McCann, and I suspect Keuchel does as well. Beyond the actual results, I think Giolito knows what he is talking about.

Wasn't one of the main reasons Keuchel signed with the Sox was because Grandal signed as the catcher?  I'd think he'd prefer Yas...how many games have each caught for him?

I'm guessing that for Rabbit, yeah, its a confluence of moving deeper into the real world and the fact that its not his job to find out Sox info all the time. I wouldn't read too much into when he does or doesn't have info.

I mean, he's interviewed Hahn a couple of times, that probably qualifies as a connection for starters.

8 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’ve had questions about NotSteveCishek from time to time thinking he was just a poster from here trying to throw stuff at the wall from time to time but I have to admit he’s gotten a few things correct. Let’s see if he mentions Collins in the next 30 min

I really never followed him closely.. it. Seemed to me just about everything he had I had read somewhere else as well. But not tonight. We will find out, and if he is corrrect, he deserves the credit. If not, he is like 99.9% of twitter people who call themselves insiders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

If the White Sox  had Clevinger and traded him to the Tribe while tied with them for first place with 26 games left, the mods here would not be able to do their real jobs for a while. They would be too busy suspending and banning accounts.

This - it would be perceived worse than the white flag trade. No chance Sox get him.  Unless Cleveland thinks the dude is a total cancer haha. 

1 hour ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Wasn't one of the main reasons Keuchel signed with the Sox was because Grandal signed as the catcher?  I'd think he'd prefer Yas...how many games have each caught for him?

Four by McCann, three by Grandal. He does have a 2.29 ERA with Grandal compared to 3.04 with McCann, but has lasted longer with McCann: 5.1 innings per start with Grandal compared to 6.2 with McCann. I have to admit that was entirely speculative on my part.

31 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - it would be perceived worse than the white flag trade. No chance Sox get him.  Unless Cleveland thinks the dude is a total cancer haha. 

That has to be the reason they're shopping him around, no? They got rid of Bauer faster than Robert turns around a fastball after he threw a ball into center field stands, and now shopping Clev after essentially suspending him. Clev and Bauer are basically best pals. If I were an Indians fan I would be so pissed right now.

6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

That has to be the reason they're shopping him around, no? They got rid of Bauer faster than Robert turns around a fastball after he threw a ball into center field stands, and now shopping Clev after essentially suspending him. Clev and Bauer are basically best pals. If I were an Indians fan I would be so pissed right now.

Cleveland always shops around good pitchers during contention.

6 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Many of those guys put out tons of rumors but only remember when they occasionally get one right.

If you predict 100 trades and 10 of them happen you predicted a lot but you got 90% wrong. But many operate that way even some pretty well known journalists.