Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

bmags

2 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Many of those guys put out tons of rumors but only remember when they occasionally get one right.

If you predict 100 trades and 10 of them happen you predicted a lot but you got 90% wrong. But many operate that way even some pretty well known journalists. 

that was bucketofsuck. He may have got one right 7 or 8 years ago, and rode his "insider" status for quite a while, all the time, never providing anything else of substance. He never had anything else, but threw some crap out there when someone would ask for info, never accurate. Gave us RH, KW private conversations. it was so BS is was laughable. But get one, and many think you have RH's office bugged.

Edited by Dick Allen

12 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Wonder what will happen if the Indians want Cease instead of Kopech in a trade for Clevenger.

Then pull the trigger and don't think twice about it. Then the rotation becomes Giolito, Clevinger, Kopech, Kuechel, and Dunning through at least 2023.

• Like 1

Just now, Orlando said:

Rosenthal just talked about Celvinger and the White Sox. He said GMs don’t worry so much about inter division trades but the Sox would have to pay a higher price than any of the other suitors.

I really hope we don't give away good prospects for any of these guys. I mean it would be nice if we could win this year but the 2020 World Series will come with a big asterisk. It's not even worth it.

19 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I really hope we don't give away good prospects for any of these guys. I mean it would be nice if we could win this year but the 2020 World Series will come with a big asterisk. It's not even worth it.

Personally I would not care. If we won the WS add an * all you want. 

What would worry me more is trading prospects away and a COVID outbreak causes the season to be cx.

31 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

The way this season has played out, there should be no asterisk. The expected good teams will make the playoffs. The expected division winners will win the divisions. 

11 minutes ago, Capital G said:

Personally I would not care. If we won the WS add an * all you want. 

What would worry me more is trading prospects away and a COVID outbreak causes the season to be cx.

The trades aren't only for this season. They are to try and steal a world series this year and have a great shot moving forward. I'm not sure we would be willing to give up a lot for Lynn for this reason. 

Just now, mmmmmbeeer said:

I can't recall a team ever being so aggressive at a deadline.  Crazy.  Not sure it's wise to go all-in in a shortened season with an expanded playoff and the Dodgers in your division, but give them props for trying.

My hope is they knock the Cubs out of postseason and then Dodgers beat them

• Like 4