Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

bmags

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Preller is a legit crazy person and I absolutely love him for it.

I think Preller is probably an owner's favorite GM to have. He seems to go 0-60 when pushed a bit. Helps he has confidence that they will be able to restock constantly (and with good reason looking at how Texas has fared post him leaving)

weird I thought they traded Cantillo yesterday. Interesting package, reminds me of the Rangers deals where they were sending a bunch of 101-250 guys out for packages like Hamels.

edit: Quantrill is pretty good, as is Naylor. Just not the top line talent I was expecting.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

So our division rival’s rotation is weakened and we didn’t lose any of our top-level assets?  Score

and our division rival didn't get any blue chippers either. Pretty good trade for Sox fans from the looks of it

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

weird I thought they traded Cantillo yesterday. Interesting package, reminds me of the Rangers deals where they were sending a bunch of 101-250 guys out for packages like Hamels.

edit: Quantrill is pretty good, as is Naylor. Just not the top line talent I was expecting.

This is like if we traded a bunch of our 5-10 prospects with Ross Detwiler and Zack Collins for Clevinger. Cleveland didn't make out too well tbh.

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

This is like if we traded a bunch of our 5-10 prospects with Ross Detwiler and Zack Collins for Clevinger. Cleveland didn't make out too well tbh.

no this is a lot of talent, just not the big headliners. But I'm not going to discredit Cleveland scouting/development.

I mean...shit look at the classic trade that netted the Indians bunch of duds...and then Grady sizemore.