Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Ok a search for Woodruff says he's going on paternity leave...what if he decides as a new dad to opt out after the trade?

You would think the Sox would talk to him about that... but iirc, he was one of the main catalysts for wanting to play this year

• Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

Not for major league pieces 

Marte was dealt from Pitt for two prospects, both in very low minors. They are nice prospects, but A ball kids still. If Sox get Marte the deal should be no better than that. I'd give a higher minors prospect for Marte, but he can't be a top guy. 

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Cease as the main piece for Woodruff actually makes a ton of sense for us. You upgrade your #3 spot to help in the playoffs. Cease's peripherals have been terrible, you'd basically be selling high on him right now with his nice ERA. 

I'm sure the Brewers would know his peripherals have been terrible and not simply look at ERA. 

2 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Are we so fed up with Mazara that we would trade for an OF right now? I'd prefer Lynn (or Woodruff) myself.

Maybe the Sox get Robbie Ray as well, but he sucks. If not Steve is right, the trade is done. I think a Lynn trade won’t happen until tomorrow.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Are we so fed up with Mazara that we would trade for an OF right now? I'd prefer Lynn (or Woodruff) myself.

I absolutely am and it would be great if the Sox were too. If Heuer+ gets it done I would make that trade in a heartbeat even though Heuer has been nails this year.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Must be nice to be a Padres fan right now.

I think it means they're definitely out on Clevinger now. Sox still in. Sox also on Woodruff maybe?

If the Brewers made Yelich available too (I doubt it but hey what the hell) what would people think? Maybe they want to rebuild and maybe you get him a little cheaper with his struggles this year.

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Cease as the main piece for Woodruff actually makes a ton of sense for us. You upgrade your #3 spot to help in the playoffs. Cease's peripherals have been terrible, you'd basically be selling high on him right now with his nice ERA. 

He’s only made 20 career starts, so no reason to give up on him yet over bad peripherals.  And my guess is Kopech is the centerpiece of whatever package we’re giving up.