Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

14 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I absolutely am and it would be great if the Sox were too. If Heuer+ gets it done I would make that trade in a heartbeat even though Heuer has been nails this year.

What’s the point of adding a RF if we’re forced to decimate our bullpen?  Heuer is of our four best relievers at the moment, so I’m pretty surprised they’d move him for a 2020 playoff run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s only made 20 career starts, so no reason to give up on him yet over bad peripherals.  And my guess is Kopech is the centerpiece of whatever package we’re giving up.

You're going to have to give up a major piece to get a Woodruff though. Between Cease, Dunning and Kopech, Cease seems the least refined to me and the most questionable given his erratic mechanics. He has managed to do alright, but he's going to get eaten up against playoff teams if he keeps up the way he has. I'm sure he'll be very good at some point, but I wouldn't call it giving up on him in a trade like that.

If you look at the entire chain if this were to happen, you'd have traded Quintana plus any secondary prospects included in Woodruff deal for Eloy and Woodruff. Not too shabby.

Brewers fan getting triggered on Twitter by me saying Woodruff might be the guy. Called me a ‘moron’ and give us Luis Robert. Said you’d probably be getting Kopech. He goes YEAH WE WONT DO EVEN KOPECH + ANOTHER TOP 100 SPECT... told him hey man, I wouldn’t get too personal, or you’ll be getting White Sox Twitter all over you tonight. 😂

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s the point of adding a RF if we’re forced to decimate our bullpen?  Heuer is of our four best relievers at the moment, so I’m pretty surprised they’d move him for a 2020 playoff run.

Agreed there. Thinning out the bullpen could hurt more than a RF would help considering the lineup is already highly productive. Just stick Engel out there and let the other eight guys do the damage. Its not like he can't hit one 450 feet on occasion himself. I honestly don't get how he isn't the man out there now. Great speed and defense along with good power, that's good enough for this lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Brewers fan getting triggered on Twitter by me saying Woodruff might be the guy. Called me a ‘moron’ and give us Luis Robert. Said you’d probably be getting Kopech. He goes YEAH WE WONT DO EVEN KOPECH + ANOTHER TOP 100 SPECT... told him hey man, I wouldn’t get too personal, or you’ll be getting White Sox Twitter all over you tonight. 😂

Well, he is probably correct.

• Like 2

Just now, Vulture said:

Agreed there. Thinning out the bullpen could hurt more than a RF would help considering the lineup is already highly productive. Just stick Engel out there and let the other eight guys do the damage. Its not like he can't hit one 450 feet on occasion himself. I honestly don't get how he isn't the man out there now. Great speed and defense along with good power, that's good enough for this lineup.

I highly doubt we move a pen piece for a RF but I could see a pen piece going for another SP as part of a package

Just now, Vulture said:

I understand that, but Heuer has thrown 10 innings. To think a guy like Marte wouldn’t have a bigger effect wouldn’t be accurate.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I understand that, but Heuer has thrown 10 innings. To think a guy like Marte wouldn’t have a bigger effect wouldn’t be accurate.

I’m more concerned about our bullpen without Heuer than our offense with Mazara / Engel platooning in RF.

If we do move Heuer, I wonder if the plan is to immediately send Lopez & Rodon to the pen.