Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sorry if I'm missing something but I get the Rangers trading Lynn but why would the Brewers trade Woodruff, a guy with lots of control left unless it was a deal they couldn't refuse?

The Brewers have the third lowest position player fWAR in baseball this year. They have a stars and scrubs thing going on that's not too dissimilar from what the White Sox were doing before they started the rebuild in 2016. The Brewers have just happened to be more successful than the White Sox ever were doing that. They probably are looking for more of a retool than a rebuild like the Sox had to do. I don't really know what the Sox have to offer on the position player side other than Vaughn and I would be pretty bummed to see him be traded even for someone as good as Woodruff.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

The Brewers have the third lowest position player fWAR in baseball this year. They have a stars and scrubs thing going on that's not too dissimilar from what the White Sox were doing before they started the rebuild in 2016. The Brewers have just happened to be more successful than the White Sox ever were doing that. They probably are looking for more of a retool than a rebuild like the Sox had to do. I don't really know what the Sox have to offer on the position player side other than Vaughn and I would be pretty bummed to see him be traded even for someone as good as Woodruff.

Well that one rando said Kopech + Vaughn for Woodruff + Hader.  If you throw in Heuer, Collins,  and some other pieces (Adolfo, Lopez) is that enough?  Would we want to make that trade?

4 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

That FO has been straight up brilliant and yeah if I’m a brewers fan I’d expect Vaughan.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well that one rando said Kopech + Vaughn for Woodruff + Hader.  If you throw in Heuer, Collins,  and some other pieces (Adolfo, Lopez) is that enough?  Would we want to make that trade?

I would trade Kopech, Heuer, Dunning, Collins, Stiever, Cease 100% (for the right return).

But Vaughn? No way. Not at all.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you absolutely have to do that if it's on the table. The White Sox just have to be serious about getting a real RF in the off-season if they do that since I would guess that Encarnacion isn't getting his option picked up so you'll have two holes to fill in the lineup. They could mix and match at DH (especially if they do somehow keep McCann around) easy enough with internal options, but Mazara needs to go.

25 minutes ago, skooch said:

Frankly, I'm not sold on Kopech. I think there's still a good chance that he falls far short of his billing. I would much rather include him and get Woodruff in return who is controllable until 2025, than include Dunning and get two years of Lance Lynn.

Thank you.

Do not trade Dunning.

Kopech has a lot of issues to work through. 

Dombrowski and the Red Sox org concluded this guy was not worth the trouble so they peddled him off on Kenny-Hahn.

Oh to have Clevinger start one of those games in Minny.

Edited by GradMc

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No chance. The only way I deal both Vaughn and Kopech in the same deal is for a guy like deGrom.

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Thank you.

Do not trade Dunning.

Kopech has a lot of issues to work through. 

Dombrowski and the Red Sox org concluded this guy was not worth the trouble so they peddled him off on Kenny-Hahn.

Eh.  I think they wanted Chris Sale and had to include one of the most exciting pitching prospects in baseball

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Padres went through all that to build that system and are ready to burn it d9wn for a taste of success.  It's exactly what I want the Sox to avoid. 

The Padres still have one of the best farm systems in baseball. It's fair to question these trades, but they certainly aren't burning anything down.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Padres went through all that to build that system and are ready to burn it d9wn for a taste of success.  It's exactly what I want the Sox to avoid. 

They didn’t really trade a top prospect other than Trammel. They had a much deeper farm than us. 

Not a fan of their moves but not burning it down imo