Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

Just now, TomPickle said:

I think you absolutely have to do that if it's on the table. The White Sox just have to be serious about getting a real RF in the off-season if they do that since I would guess that Encarnacion isn't getting his option picked up so you'll have two holes to fill in the lineup. They could mix and match at DH (especially if they do somehow keep McCann around) easy enough with internal options, but Mazara needs to go.

Yeah, theoretically you could try to sell McCann on a C/DH role with Mercedes also in the mix.  RF would be your only major spot to fill.

47 minutes ago, Quin said:

That better be an ace.

I just don’t see why you trade kopeck - not unless you are getting a cost controlled stud. Kopech may bust but you just don’t trade guys with that kind of stuff. Those are the rare type of ponies that if you can get and they get close to reaching their potential you just smile as they can carry you straight through the post season. 

Their literally isn’t a pitcher in the org with Kopechs upside and you can probably count on one the number of pitching prospects in the game with his upside. Yes - it has been a couple years since we saw him pitch but they still have a ton of cost controlled years on the guy. 

Please Hahn - don’t panic and pull a Padres here. Especially not when first round of playoff is a best of 3. Let’s let it ride largely with guys we have. If you want to make a small deal for good value fine. 

Now if it is Collins, heurer, and Lopez for a stud fine. Or swap in Burdi I suppose. And I think Burdi has stud reliever potential if he can get his command down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I just don’t see why you trade kopeck - not unless you are getting a cost controlled stud. Kopech may bust but you just don’t trade guys with that kind of stuff. Those are the rare type of ponies that if you can get and they get close to reaching their potential you just smile as they can carry you straight through the post season. 

Their literally isn’t a pitcher in the org with Kopechs upside and you can probably count on one the number of pitching prospects in the game with his upside. Yes - it has been a couple years since we saw him pitch but they still have a ton of cost controlled years on the guy. 

Please Hahn - don’t panic and pull a Padres here. Especially not when first round of playoff is a best of 3. Let’s let it ride largely with guys we have. If you want to make a small deal for good value fine. 

Now if it is Collins, heurer, and Lopez for a stud fine. Or swap in Burdi I suppose. And I think Burdi has stud reliever potential if he can get his command down. 

Do you think he’s going to come back from a 2-year hiatus close to what he was? That’s what worries me more than anything with Kopech. My prediction right now would be that he’s finished as anything special.

Just now, bmags said:

If I wake up and a trade was announced at midnight I’ll be so pissed. Nobody is allowed to discuss anything while I’m sleeping.

I’m starting to get a head start on most of the work I need to accomplish tomorrow right now so I don’t have to do much tomorrow before the deadline 😂

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Trades have to make sense for both teams. It's not about fleecing the other team. If the Sox want quality, they're gonna have to give some talent up.

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Edwin will be gone after this year and Vaughn and Abreu will be your 1B and DH next year. That one is easy enough that the front office need not overthink it

Okay, but what if instead of one Lucas Giolito the White Sox had two?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Do you think he’s going to come back from a 2-year hiatus close to what he was? That’s what worries me more than anything with Kopech. My prediction right now would be that he’s finished as anything special.

Yes - he has always worked out etc. His stuff is special and training camp reports during spring training indicated he was strong and ready to role. I’m not worried at all. Only thing that worries me with him is his mental state. 

But do you remember when Greinke was with Royals and almost quit baseball for golf or something. He eventually got his head on straight and is in midst of a hall of fame career. Kopech is that kind of talent - Hall of Fame. 

Will he reach that potential - probably not -  it you don’t trade those type of guys in this era - you just don’t. I get it if this looked like a last hurrah with a vet team but I love this squads roster and I’ll bet on the long. If it were a normal season with longer playoffs - maybe I would be more aggressive. 

12 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Trades have to make sense for both teams. It's not about fleecing the other team. If the Sox want quality, they're gonna have to give some talent up.

I just don’t think this is the year to put your chips all in. This feels like the year to ride or die with your current squad and let’s see how the cards play out. Short format etc - luck will be increased vs a normal season so let’s just see how it plays out and have fun!  I can than get even more excited about next year when they add a big fa splash plus get a full season of kopech and Dunning having a normal off season and Cease a year older. Plus Vaughn up and Robert more adjusted - Yeah I love this team! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I just don’t think this is the year to put your chips all in. This feels like the year to ride or die with your current squad and let’s see how the cards play out. Short format etc - luck will be increased vs a normal season so let’s just see how it plays out and have fun!  I can than get even more excited about next year when they add a big fa splash plus get a full season of kopech and Dunning having a normal off season and Cease a year older. Plus Vaughn up and Robert more adjusted - Yeah I love this team! 

If players are being shopped at nice value. You jump now. The pitchers the Sox are targeting will be here next year too.

18 minutes ago, Orlando said:

If players are being shopped at nice value. You jump now. The pitchers the Sox are targeting will be here next year too.

None of the guys proposed for Lynn are a "Nice value". They're "high prices you pay because your team is ready to win a title this year and willing to sacrifice next year to do so". There are guys from our system I'd give up for Lynn, but it would be stupid of the Rangers to give him up for the guys I'd trade, and they should be able to get better value elsewhere from a team that isn't looking at a long run over the next 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

None of the guys proposed for Lynn are a "Nice value". They're "high prices you pay because your team is ready to win a title this year and willing to sacrifice next year to do so". There are guys from our system I'd give up for Lynn, but it would be stupid of the Rangers to give him up for the guys I'd trade, and they should be able to get better value elsewhere from a team that isn't looking at a long run over the next 5 years.

Who has been reported to go for Lynn? From legit sources? I’ve seen nothing outside of fan speculation. 

Edited by Orlando

52 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Let's just make sure that the Sox get real quality this time.  No more Samardzijas, Fraziers, Shields, etc.  No more howling at the moon that average players are somehow great.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

I do. He looked unbelievable in his one ST appearance, and the extra time off after TJS may actually be beneficial in the long run. The man has a lightning bolt for an arm, that is not going to change unless he suffers another major injury.

1 hour ago, TomPickle said:

I think you absolutely have to do that if it's on the table. 

Aw hell no. I'd give up Kopech and a package for Woodruff but not Vaughn for Hader, which is essentially what you'd be doing here. Vaughn is a can't miss stud, I don't give that up for a reliever I don't care how good he is. This guy is a wizard with a baseball bat. If this guy isn't a top five hitter in all of baseball by 2024, I'll eat my hat.

6 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Aw hell no. I'd give up Kopech and a package for Woodruff but not Vaughn for Hader, which is essentially what you'd be doing here. Vaughn is a can't miss stud, I don't give that up for a reliever I don't care how good he is. This guy is a wizard with a baseball bat. If this guy isn't a top five hitter in all of baseball by 2024, I'll eat my hat.

Cubs gave up Gleyber Torres, a premium position elite prospect, for 2 months of Chapman.   Hader (the next best reliever in the game) under 3+ years control not worth Andrew Vaughn to you?

If it's what you consider the finishing piece, you have to do it. 

11 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Kopeck is probably going to have a rough 2021, but if we work through that then in 2022 we will be sitting there with a rotation zero teams want any part of in the postseason.