Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

Sonny Gray (and really most of these guys) being ahead of Kershaw.  Wow.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kershcl01.shtml

Don't know if people have realized this, but he is pitching like prime Kershaw again this year.  

Sonny Gray as a major league record currently for starts not allowing more than 6 hits. It's been 2+ yaers and almost 40 starts wtihout letting up more than 6 hits. 

So you ask me who i want for the next 40 starts? you better believe he's in that top 10. We'd walk away with 30 wins in his 40 starts. he keeps you in the game. like i said i knew he'd be the most controversial, but you can't argue results. 

and i see kershaw, i own him on many fantasy teams, I can see putting him in somewhere between 8-10 to replace a bauer or clevinger. 

I'd challenge people who want to criticize to make their own list for the next 40 starts and see what you come up with. 

Ok so I think the correct way to root for the Padres to get fleeced while also rooting for the Indians to not get good players is for Gore to be included and then suck.

And also Tatis gets exposed somehow and isn’t good and Manny starts sucking again.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Between the both of them, they've had one career season in the top 10 in WAR as a pitcher. It's not the only metric that exists, but neither are in that category. Today? The top 10 IMO (in no order)

Degrom, Darvish, Giolito, Scherzer, Cole, Greinke, Flaherty, Buehler, Bieber, Verlander (when healthy).

So we basically agree on most ... you put in Gio, Flaherty and Greinke for Clev, Bauer and Gray. 

I can easily see Flaherty and Giolito sniffing the top 10. I can't say that for Greinke, but that's just me. Bauer is controversial as i said, but when locked in he's elite. when he's not, he's probably top 50 only. I'd be willing to interchange Bauer for Flaherty or Giolito possibly

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

So we basically agree on most ... you put in Gio, Flaherty and Greinke for Clev, Bauer and Gray. 

I can easily see Flaherty and Giolito sniffing the top 10. I can't say that for Greinke, but that's just me. Bauer is controversial as i said, but when locked in he's elite. when he's not, he's probably top 50 only. I'd be willing to interchange Bauer for Flaherty or Giolito possibly

Clevinger and Bauer aren't even in the next tier for me. They are 20-30 ranked starters in baseball.

• Haha 1