Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

Just now, Capn12 said:

That isn't a 'steal' to me, at all. Padres gave up quite a bit, like others have said, 2023-2024 is going to look real different for San Diego. But, they are going for it now.

Great trade for the Indians and even more so knowing that they had no leverage (everyone knew they were dumping Clevinger). Plesac next?

I still don't think this puts the Padres above the Dodgers this year and it better next year before Clevinger is a free agent (unless they extend him, but how good is their financial situation with the Machado deal and Hosmer taking up a ton of money?)

Just now, Tony said:

I would be fine with that deal for the Sox. Clevinger is obviously much better than Dunning. Collins has zero role on this team, and it seems like the organization isn't very high on him. I really like Nicky.....but Mendick has shown he's fine at 2B. Given the Sox biggest holes this year and next.....I make that deal. 

fair enough; i wouldn't but that's just my opinion. Mardigal is worth Clevinger's control, but as said earlier I'm not a huge Clevinger guy so that skews things.

I'm a big fan of Arias so I really like this deal for the Indians; I also like Quantrill a lot and he strikes me as someone the Indians will maximize and that is worth quite a bit. Naylor is what he is but he's a clear upgrade for them right now. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Arias is a top 100 prospect
Naylor is a top 100 prospect
Quantrill was a top 50 prospect

Arias is one of the fastest rising prospects in baseball too.

Quantril was at one point (years ago) a 90ish prospect.. But has been bad since then.. He is similar to Lopez.  Naylor similar case though better (Think Collins).... You're trolling I hope loll

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Quantril was at one point (years ago) a 90ish prospect.. But has been bad since then.. He is similar to Lopez.  Naylor similar case though better.... You're insane loll

Naylor has been about replacement level since 2019. 

Quantril was at one point (years ago) a 90ish prospect.. But has been bad since then.. He is similar to Lopez.  Naylor similar case though better.... You're insane loll

Quantrill has been very good this year and he’s younger with much more team control than Clevinger.

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Arias is a top 100 prospect
Naylor is a top 100 prospect
Quantrill was a top 50 prospect

Arias is one of the fastest rising prospects in baseball too.

Time will tell on this one, but to me, Naylor is just a guy (a regular on a mediocre team), Quantrill is a back end starter, and Arias still a bit of a lotto pick (1 good year under his belt and a long way off still).  Bad deal for the Indians.

Quantril was at one point (years ago) a 90ish prospect.. But has been bad since then.. He is similar to Lopez.  Naylor similar case though better (Think Collins).... You're trolling I hope loll

Quantrill has looked very good this year, and he was a top 50 prospect in 2018. Even last year he had a 4.28 FIP as a starter and he's still young. His k-rate is up as a reliever. Reylo just gives up way more contact than Quantrill in general.

1 minute ago, Capital G said:

my main concern is what this does to Cleveland not SD.

i dont know enough about who Cleve got. Does this make them better this year? Next?

They added a bunch of guys who might be average+ and no real potential star power. 

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

Time will tell on this one, but to me, Naylor is just a guy (a regular on a mediocre team), Quantrill is a back end starter, and Arias still a bit of a lotto pick (1 good year under his belt and a long way off still).  Bad deal for the Indians.

Indians should have been going for it this year, as Lindor is likely gone in a few months.

3 minutes ago, Capital G said:

my main concern is what this does to Cleveland not SD.

i dont know enough about who Cleve got. Does this make them better this year? Next?

Considering they didn't even want to bring Clevinger back, this probably makes them better this year. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

They added a bunch of guys who might be average+ and no real potential star power. 

Yeah, big win is Naylor here. I don't see him providing much more than stability to the outfield, not much of a plus (watch him go on a tear now)

So their offense didn't improve, and pitching likely regressed. But they still have so much pitching they are going to be tough to beat. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

When are they going to announce Not Steve's trade from last night? Very strange. 

He just told me about 15 minutes ago that the trade was completed still. All I know is if it didn't happen he's going to be lit up on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Considering Clevinger was no longer wanted around the team, I’d say it improves them for this season.

This is tough for me. Clearly Clevinger is very good at what he does, but he hasn't been great this year and the team was fine without him. They also have well below replacement players in the OF, so Naylor is an upgrade there by default. Quantrill can help the bullpen this year which needed it more than the SP. In addition, they clearly hate Clevinger's guts at this point ha, and that does matter a little... so are they better? No, I can't say that but I don't think this is a blow to the Indians playoff or division chances. I'd say they cancel out.