Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

I’m really leery of weakening future teams to juice up this year and next—I’d be REALLY nervous if the freaking Dodgers were in our division.  What is the “it” they’re going for right now?  Overtaking The Dodgers?  Not seeing it.  

Sorry, I don’t mean to interrupt the Friar Fellating

• Like 2

Just now, Baron said:

He just told me about 15 minutes ago that the trade was completed still. All I know is if it didn't happen he's going to be lit up on Twitter. 

lol how does a trade get completed but not leak for a whole day? 

I'm on the not Steve train, but this one seems to be way off.

Just now, chw42 said:

lol how does a trade get completed but not leak for a whole day? 

I'm on the not Steve train, but this one seems to be way off.

Yeah it would have been leaked by now. Sox aren't that good at keeping things internal. 

37 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Giolito has 6.6 fWAR in his last 220 innings pitched as a 26 yr old and he's not a 1 and won't become one... it's an interesting proclamation to say the least. That's 7th highest in baseball in the past 1 yr + 1 month.

White Sox fans underrating of Giolito is just odd. Maybe it's because he was so bad for that period of time.

In Giolito last 220 IP he has a higher WAR than Verlander and Strasberg in near identical IP. I doubt anyone would question those guys title as a #1.

Yeah I don't endorse the way of talking about aces that some scouting use that defines a #1 as someone meeting a definition that typically between 1 and 3 or 4 pitchers meet at any given moment.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah, big win is Naylor here. I don't see him providing much more than stability to the outfield, not much of a plus (watch him go on a tear now)

So their offense didn't improve, and pitching likely regressed. But they still have so much pitching they are going to be tough to beat. 

Wait, how didn't the offense improve?

Coming into today they were starting from L-R
LF - .473 OPS
CF - .644 OPS
RF - .583 OPS

Naylor has been a league average hitter 99 wRC+ .732 OPS. He is significantly better than everyone the Indians have played.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Also this idea the padres Mortgaged the future is kinda silly. The didn’t touch their top 3 and only lost 2 top ten guys through all this. 

and Clevinger is held through 2022. A lot of the rest of what they traded were pieces they were liable to lose to the rule 5.

Trammel is really the one piece that threw people.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

He’s right

I’m referring to the fact that this morning someone asked him if there was a rumor he was hearing. He responded saying: “ The White Sox will be better at the end of the day then they are right now”. Alluding to a move.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When are they going to announce Not Steve's trade from last night? Very strange. 

I imagine now that Cleveland has made there decision where Clevinger was going the dominos will start falling. If they fall at all.

Edited by smellysox

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LF - .473 OPS
CF - .644 OPS
RF - .583 OPS

Naylor has been a league average hitter 99 wRC+ .732 OPS. He is significantly better than everyone the Indians have played.

Naylor looks like another Franmil Reyes type of player. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LF - .473 OPS
CF - .644 OPS
RF - .583 OPS

Oh wow they are a juggernaut now by adding leury Garcia's offense to the outfield.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

They're going all in.  Not worried about how their team will look in 2024.  Nice 

No they  kept their top prospects that will do that. They traded away their bottom tier prospects and 3 MLB players. They have the top prospect to still be competitive in 2024.

2 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I imagine now that Cleveland has made there decision where Clevenger was going the dominos will start falling. If they fall at all.

I'm still sticking by my Kevin Gausman rental prediction. It makes sense to acquire a short term solution and add longer terms pieces this offseason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Oh wow they are a juggernaut now by adding leury Garcia's offense to the outfield.

What are you talking about? So the White Sox wouldn't have been better adding a league average hitter compared to Adam Engel last year? Aren't you always one of the big fans of "average" is fine and you rip the Sox for throwing out sub-replacement level players. Well Naylor is average.

League average is much better than a .473 OPS. So by definition, the offense is better. You get so upset if one of your points is questioned. It cracks me up.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, skooch said:

If this is the prospect price for a TOR SP with only 2+ years of control, then I expect a very quiet day in White Sox land.

Quantity over Quality? SD didn't give up any of their top studs. This actually helps Hahn's case today to land someone without adding Kopech or Vaughn. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I imagine now that Cleveland has made there decision where Clevenger was going the dominos will start falling. If they fall at all.

My prediction is that there will be no dominoes for the our White Sox. They will stand pat. Maybe Hahn will get a minor piece but not much more than that.

Just now, steveno89 said:

I'm still sticking by my Kevin Gausman rental prediction. It makes sense to acquire a short term solution and add longer terms pieces this offseason. 

That very well may happen. Also wouldn't be surprised if it's Anderson or Phelps from Milwaukee 

Just now, chetkincaid said:

My prediction is that there will be no dominoes for the our White Sox. They will stand pat. Maybe Hahn will get a minor piece but not much more than that.

Hahn is getting a pitcher today. It just may not be Lynn or another guy that excites us as much. That’s my prediction with 4 hours to go.