Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What are you talking about? So the White Sox wouldn't have been better adding a league average hitter compared to Adam Engel last year? Aren't you always one of the big fans of "average" is fine and you rip the Sox for throwing out sub-replacement level players. Well Naylor is average.

League average is much better than a .473 OPS. So by definition, the offense is better. You get so upset if one of your points is questioned. It cracks me up.

The Indians just traded the best player rumored on the block for major league talent and their horrible offense is only improved by adding a league average wrc+ into the outfield, so yeah, I'm not walking away thinking that the Indians offense improved any more than those OPS numbers are likely to regress to something better than .400 and .500s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Quantity over Quality? SD didn't give up any of their top studs. This actually helps Hahn's case today to land someone without adding Kopech or Vaughn. 

Kind of what I thought as well.  Any thought that Jon Daniels had that he could get Kopech or Vaughn for Lance Lynn probably just went up in smoke.

2 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

My prediction is that there will be no dominoes for the our White Sox. They will stand pat. Maybe Hahn will get a minor piece but not much more than that.

My problem with the White Sox not making moves at the deadline is that I trust them to improve through trades much more than through free agent signings. I don't have a problem with making no trades today in a vacuum, but they have to try to further improve in free agency.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

The Indians just traded the best player rumored on the block for major league talent and their horrible offense is only improved by adding a league average wrc+ into the outfield, so yeah, I'm not walking away thinking that the Indians offense improved any more than those OPS numbers are likely to regress to something better than .400 and .500s. 

Meh, I dunno if Naylor is any good, but based on his fangraphs page, he'd be a MAJOR upgrade over Mazara if the SOX had acquired him.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

cool, that's not what you said nor is it what i responded to. 

23 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Not really criticizing, not really.  Just my opinion going back.  I don't understand how the best starting pitcher since Pedro, who is pitching like an absolute beast isn't top 10 worthy.  In my opinion he is number 1.

Kershaw, Scherzer, Verlander, deGrom,Cole, Beiber, Flaherty, Buehler... 

Then it gets squishier where you could put a whole bunch of guys, maybe even Gray.  I can see the argument.  This time last year, I'd have Kluber or Sale there, but the injuries have bumped them both.  Bauer was completely terrible last year, though when he is locked in he is great, but you can say that about a bunch of guys.  

I think I'd have to put Greinke in there, then you could go with any number of guys at 10.

And again, sorry, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk.  

my apologies as well. i get your angle on kershaw for sure. Bauer and Gray are probably the most iffy on my list. I forget about Sale! geez, given health he'd have to be in consideration for sure too. 

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What would be a fair deal for Gausman (29, free agent after this year) or Bundy (27, free agent after 2021 so same control as Lynn but not as successful in recent years)?

Especially this year, where it's for essentially 4 starts for Gausman and such a limited SS for bundy, I have zero idea. Would not want to be the person figuring it out.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Especially this year, where it's for essentially 4 starts for Gausman and such a limited SS for bundy, I have zero idea. Would not want to be the person figuring it out.

4 starts plus playoffs but I hear ya. It's tough to gauge. Lynn is better than Bundy but also 6 years older. Would it currently be ranked Lynn, Bundy, Gausman in order of the price of players?

Edited by soxfan2014

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

plus, gausman is just a league average starter so he's not an upgrade over anyone.

all jokes aside, his stuff and k/bb numbers are really promising and maybe he's finally getting to what people thought he'd become.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

plus, gausman is just a league average starter so he's not an upgrade over anyone.

I would kill for a world where this is true. The Sox currently have 3 league average or better starters. I guess 4 if they are done jerking around Dunning.

Just now, TomPickle said:

I would kill for a world where this is true. The Sox currently have 3 league average or better starters. I guess 4 if they are done jerking around Dunning.

Yeah I don't know if I'd consider Reylo league average right now.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm sure the twins would be shaking in their boots after the sox were rumored in on Lynn and Clevinger and swung a deal for Gausman to replace their 5th starter and all their very interesting fans would be saying "well actually he is an improvement over Reynaldo Lopez"

14 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What would be a fair deal for Gausman (29, free agent after this year) or Bundy (27, free agent after 2021 so same control as Lynn but not as successful in recent years)?

4-5 starts of Gausman could not be all that costly I would be willing to bet

He helps stabilize the rotation down the stretch and we do not part with anything we will miss