Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

19 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

If Sox stand pat, I’m going with Dunning’s low walks (1.97 bbp9) in a playoff start over Cease’s walks (4.5 bbp9) in a playoff format. Maybe Cease can get an inning or two in relief after Dunning goes 5. Obviously, not ideal but it is a young team and would be good experience. 

Agreed.  3rd starter can be a tandem of Dunning and Cease.

Edited by HoosierSox

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why are the people who are the most critical of the White Sox front office and all their moves, the people who come up with the worst trade offers?

That isn't the worst simply because it doesn't really hit the active roster too hard, and it doesn't touch most of the top level talent in the next wave.  It is kinda similar to what SD just did in terms of quantity over quality.  Stiever is the biggest thing we could lose there.

20 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

If Sox stand pat, I’m going with Dunning’s low walks (1.97 bbp9) in a playoff start over Cease’s walks (4.5 bbp9) in a playoff format. Maybe Cease can get an inning or two in relief after Dunning goes 5. Obviously, not ideal but it is a young team and would be good experience. 

Yeah. I don't think Cease's tightrope walk is going to hold up in the playoffs. 

Just now, Vulture said:

You're going to eat those words when Cease goes 8 innings and Colome saves it in the 9th in Game 7 of the World Series.   We might all need a cardiologist on call for that game but that's ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Even if they trade for Lynn, in the playoffs do we have that much more confidence in him? He's an upgrade, but either way you're going to hope the guy can give you 5 innings and be ready with the short hook if the guy gets in trouble. 

Just now, Vulture said:

I agree. He isn't going to get away with it against a good team. But if he finds a way to harness it, a good team isn't going to get away with facing him. Unless they are acquiring a sure thing that is going to be around for a while, or a top of the line prospect wtih control, there is no reason to part with Cease right now. And I wouldn't trade  Kopech either. And Dunning would have a huge price tag. Replacements cost a ton of money. If these guys develop like hoped, the window remains open a lot longer. And someone will get hurt. That can't be avoided.  You are going to need all these guys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Just don't tell her that

Vayntrub did an Instagram Live on August 24, where she detailed the frequency of objectifying memes, sexist comments, and solicitations for nude photos that are sent to her from men.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/08/att-girl-lily-adams-milana-vayntrub-sexual-harassment.html

Yeah, she's attractive, but don't act like she doesn't get to voice her concerns about internet neckbeards objectifying her because they can't land a date or open an incognito browser.

7 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

She was supposed to play Squirrel Girl in a new Marvel show. It got shelved in the last minute.

I would have tuned in.

She's voice Squirrel Girl in several animated appearances and has done a good job as the character. It got shelved because Marvel Studios took over Marvel TV and eliminated all of the original television shows in favor of Disney+ shows.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if they trade for Lynn, in the playoffs do we have that much more confidence in him? He's an upgrade, but either way you're going to hope the guy can give you 5 innings and be ready with the short hook if the guy gets in trouble. 

You are asking if we have more confidence in the playoffs than Dylan Cease?