Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, if he fails in the playoffs this year, he won't be the only one.  I could start naming names of guys I am suspicious of, but it kind of pointless.  The time to protect these guys has passed, unless you really don't believe in them in the future.  The franchise will be much better for not shitting themselves over being scared to let these guys play when it matters most.  They got you here, you ride them through. 

I see you are going to ignore it. How is this going to help him? How is him hanging breaking pitches against the Yankees going to help him? He can't replicate his pitches right now. I see zero good outcomes from this other than "Welp we lose predictably". 

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Hahn has to have something up his sleeve. Don’t mortgage the future, but there still has to be some type of improvement he can make that helps now and in the future.

You're not getting a starter that you'll have more confidence in than Cease or Dunning without giving up something significant. 

I won't be mad if they go and grab a cheap reliever somewhere, but not a lot of those seem to be available, and that doesn't solve the "Cease walks too many people to pitch in the playoffs" problem.

43 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I just don’t trust Rodon to be an everyday starter in this rotation. Same with Lopez. At some point the experiment has to end.

Rodon might be in the pen soon if he doesn't re-injure himself. They should let a Sox Math winner announce his non-tender this fall. Vaya con Fritos. 

Just now, Baron said:

I see you are going to ignore it. How is this going to help him? How is him hanging breaking pitches against the Yankees going to help him? He can't replicate his pitches right now. I see zero good outcomes from this other than "Welp we lose predictably". 

Every single rep and experience is going to help him.  Getting a guy exposed to what it takes to win at the highest levels is exactly the kind of experience they need.  Being scared to let Dylan Cease pitch is the exact opposite of what is productive for this franchise going forward.  Do we sit Eloy in the playoffs because he could commit a stupid error or injury himself at any point?  No, you let him learn on the job because of his importance going forward.  Quit thinking so shortslightedly here.  This isn't about today.  it is about the next 5-7 years.  It is being scared to buy stocks in your retirement account because the market is down today, even though you invest for decades forward.  Now is not the time to be scared.

Just now, pcq said:

Rodon might be in the pen soon if he doesn't re-injure himself. They should let a Sox Math winner announce his non-tender this fall. Vaya con Fritos. 

If Rodon can come in and give 2-3 innings out of the bullpen, that's a big assist with the rookies in the rotation. Cease is in trouble in the 3rd? Let Rodon have the next shot.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Again, if he fails in the playoffs this year, he won't be the only one.  I could start naming names of guys I am suspicious of, but it kind of pointless.  The time to protect these guys has passed, unless you really don't believe in them in the future.  The franchise will be much better for not shitting themselves over being scared to let these guys play when it matters most.  They got you here, you ride them through. 

I can guarantee NO ONE, not a single Sox fan will remember a post like this while the Sox are in the heat of a playoff series vs the Yankees or Astros in October.   When Cease doesn't make it out of the 3rd inning after 75 pitches in game 3, every single Sox fan will sit there and ask "why the hell didn't we trade for another pitcher in August?"    "Fire Rick!!!"

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If Rodon can come in and give 2-3 innings out of the bullpen, that's a big assist with the rookies in the rotation. Cease is in trouble in the 3rd? Let Rodon have the next shot.

No we need Cease to pitch so he gets experience.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

So just count him in every 5th day for 2-3 innings if Lopez keeps starting? haha

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Every single rep and experience is going to help him.  Getting a guy exposed to what it takes to win at the highest levels is exactly the kind of experience they need.  Being scared to let Dylan Cease pitch is the exact opposite of what is productive for this franchise going forward.  Do we sit Eloy in the playoffs because he could commit a stupid error or injury himself at any point?  No, you let him learn on the job because of his importance going forward.  Quit thinking so shortslightedly here.  This isn't about today.  it is about the next 5-7 years.  It is being scared to buy stocks in your retirement account because the market is down today, even though you invest for decades forward.  Now is not the time to be scared.

Yeah see that's bullshit. It is about today because that's the only thing you can control. I love that the next 5-7 years are thrown around willy nilly around here like it's guaranteed we'll be in the playoffs for those years. I'll make a prediction. We'll not be in the playoffs once or twice during this process. What happens if we aren't? Can we afford not to take advantage of the situation infront of us right now? 

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cease is going to be far from the only who gets his ass kicked in the playoffs.  Every single guy on his roster, outside of a few newer signings, will be learning how to be a playoff player at playoff intensity.  I know Cease is the target du jour, but reality is none of these guys are "ready" for the playoffs until they actually experience the playoffs.

It isn't the lack of experience that is Cease's issue here, its his lack of control of his mechanics. I'd rather send Dunning out there and he obviously has less experience

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I can guarantee NO ONE, not a single Sox fan will remember a post like this while the Sox are in the heat of a playoff series vs the Yankees or Astros in October.   When Cease doesn't make it out of the 3rd inning after 75 pitches in game 3, every single Sox fan will sit there and ask "why the hell didn't we trade for another pitcher in August?"    "Fire Rick!!!"

Seriously, the idea that we should run the franchise on the short sighted opinions of internet posters overreacting on a message board in a moment of bad play is about as dumb of a thing that the White Sox could do.  I could give a crap less about the "why didn't we trade for another pitcher crowd".

The Sox undertook the rebuild for a reason.  The worst possible thing would be to pull up short 10 yards short of the finish line because fans want to make a splash now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bmags said:

No we need Cease to pitch so he gets experience.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

You'll notice...Cease pitched in order for Cease to get into trouble. 

Just now, Baron said:

Yeah see that's bullshit. It is about today because that's the only thing you can control. I love that the next 5-7 years are thrown around willy nilly around here like it's guaranteed we'll be in the playoffs for those years. I'll make a prediction. We'll not be in the playoffs once or twice during this process. What happens if we aren't? Can we afford not to take advantage of the situation infront of us right now? 

Then you were never cut out for a rebuild.  This isn't all about today.

Just now, Vulture said:

It isn't the lack of experience that is Cease's issue here, its his lack of control of his mechanics. I'd rather send Dunning out there and he obviously has less experience

If Dunning earns the #3 spot, then I have zero problem with that, and Cease could be available in the bullpen for that game.