Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

Sometimes deadline deals that don’t go down can still put the foundation for future moves to be in play in the winter. Besides, I think of this team as more of something like the 2015 Cubs, so more talent can still arrive and be acquired this winter. Lynn could still be acquired this winter and they could bring in other pitchers much line they acquired starting pitchers in the early 2000s.

2 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

best news of the day is no news for Sox. Long term is better thinking than just for this year. Very happy

He would've helped us next year too, but obviously there is a fine line in what you're willing to give up for that.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Lynn not going doesn't make a lot of sense to me......which should also tell us their asking price was probably way too high, in which case Rick and Co. did the right thing. 

Yeah, if they really wanted to trade him they would have. I'm sure there were some OK offers out there. Good job sticking to your guns Rick. They didn't blink on whatever our offer was, unfortunately. Too bad. Let's go to war with who we have and hope for a miracle, then be ready to win it all next year with a more seasoned Cease and Dunning.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Big oof on Daniels' part. You gotta trade Lynn. Maybe the returns weren't as expected, but I don't think that Rangers team is competing next year. 

He's still tradeable in the off season with his low salary next year. Probably thought they could get a better deal then.

• Like 1