Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

He's throwing at 91 though. I think before TJS he was at 93-95. 

I thought his first outing the velocity was a little higher than the second outing. His debut against Mize I thought he was 93 - 95. Definitely down a little on the second.

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I could see the Indians demanding that, I wouldnt give him up to a divisional rival without a hosing either, but if that's what Texas was after they are nuts

I have to think the Lynn demands were super high because he didn't move and multiple teams were rumored. You'd figure one of the White Sox, Yankees, Braves, Dodgers, Padres (maybe? I forget) would've been able to meet an acceptable price.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

That is one dude I am happy not to follow, and would be thrilled if I never saw another of his tweets.

I don't know if Sox Machine is a blog, or podcast, or something else, but those dudes just seem really negative and awful on twitter whenever I see their names. Makes me have zero interest in consuming whatever product they put out.

Just now, chitown87 said:

I don't know if Sox Machine is a blog, or podcast, or something else, but those dudes just seem really negative and awful on twitter whenever I see their names. Makes me have zero interest in consuming whatever product they put out.

White Sox Talk (Garfein) is what you listen to if you want homerish, positive takes on the Sox. Yeah, it's fluffy, but you also feel good.

Sox Machine is what you listen to if you want to hate the team you love.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

White Sox Talk (Garfein) is what you listen to if you want homerish, positive takes on the Sox. Yeah, it's fluffy, but you also feel good.

Sox Machine is what you listen to if you want to hate the team you love.

I listen to Sox Machine every so often. They're not very engaging hosts and the podcasts seem to drag on.

8 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’m surprised they did absolutely nothing, but can’t exactly blame them for not wanting to acquire a backend depth guy after what happened last time. 

That would have been pointless imo. Either a guy you can plug into the top three or nothing if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

I have to think the Lynn demands were super high because he didn't move and multiple teams were rumored. You'd figure one of the White Sox, Yankees, Braves, Dodgers, Padres (maybe? I forget) would've been able to meet an acceptable price.

I think this season really messed with things also. I think Marte looks like the highest dollar player who moved, and he has only an option next year, so teams really weren't adding payroll for next year at all.

12 minutes ago, almagest said:

I agree. I'm sure Hahn made him a reasonable offer. He's kind of good at trades, the one not to be mentioned not withstanding

19 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Kopech still here...

Vaughn still here...

Madrigal still here...

Dunning still here...

I’m good!

The fact the Rangers held onto Lynn should tell you all you need to know about how high their asking price was. It made way too much sense for them to deal him at peak value and the declined to. 

Sox made the right call to not overpay

• Like 1

Just sucks now going forward Cease, Lopez, Dunning, and or Rodon can not be relied on going deep into games yet and will lead to more use of the bullpen by Ricky. Would have been nice to get an additional starter to help lessen the burden on the BP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

yes, every post in this thread is about the trade deadline.

ive' made tons of posts about trades. meanwhile you've made one post in this thread and it had nothing to do with the topic at hand. congratulations. keep posting some fake rumors and keep that insider cred.

😰

See the board's response to my post and the response to yours. When at its best, the board speaks for itself and the board polices itself. When at its worst, your rambling about god knows what and people are getting carpel tunnel scrolling past your posts feening for trade rumors that don't come to fruition. 

Wish we grabbed a lefty as I don't like what I hear about Bummer's injury, but not exactly ready to move anything consequential in the first competitive year with a month to go and only 2 playoff games guaranteed. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1