Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

If Lopez starts the season in the starting rotation Hahn has failed the offseason. 

Gave me confidence that Stone was referring to him as a bullpen piece moving forward. Stone's plugged in obviously.

1.) Gio

2.) Keuchel

3.) Free Agent/Trade

4.) Cease

5.) Dunning

Kopech knocking on the door in June.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

😰

See the board's response to my post and the response to yours. When at its best, the board speaks for itself and the board polices itself. When at its worst, your rambling about god knows what and people are getting carpel tunnel scrolling past your posts feening for trade rumors that don't come to fruition. 

Wish we grabbed a lefty as I don't like what I hear about Bummer's injury, but not exactly ready to move anything consequential in the first competitive year with a month to go and only 2 playoff games guaranteed. 

Since you asked. Honestly I think your response here is a bunch of bullying horse shit. I can't be the only one

Carpal tunnel? Gmafb

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Since you asked. Honestly I think your response here is a bunch of bullying horse shit. I can't be the only one

Carpal tunnel? Gmafb

bullying? He was arguing with an admin about how the board polices racism in the trade deadline thread an hour before the deadline. I asked him to stay on the topic for the board's sake and he called me a bunch of names. Give me a break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Gave me confidence that Stone was referring to him as a bullpen piece moving forward. Stone's plugged in obviously.

1.) Gio

2.) Keuchel

3.) Free Agent/Trade

4.) Cease

5.) Dunning

Great and this is what I hope for also...except the greedy in me says let's slot that FA/trade in the #2 spot... :)

22 minutes ago, raBBit said:

😰

See the board's response to my post and the response to yours. When at its best, the board speaks for itself and the board polices itself. When at its worst, your rambling about god knows what and people are getting carpel tunnel scrolling past your posts feening for trade rumors that don't come to fruition. 

Wish we grabbed a lefty as I don't like what I hear about Bummer's injury, but not exactly ready to move anything consequential in the first competitive year with a month to go and only 2 playoff games guaranteed. 

Quick question on bummer. If what you hear is bad why don’t the whitesox move to surgery to fix so he is ready by spring training or at least by opening day next year? The Sox have done this before wait and rehab only to have it bite them later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

bullying? He was arguing with an admin about how the board polices racism in the trade deadline thread an hour before the deadline. I asked him to stay on the topic for the board's sake and he called me a bunch of names. Give me a break.

I'm glad you said what you said. And I responded then. Ray Ray is a good poster but sometimes he needs to dial it down a touch.  He seemed to be in a mood all day. We were all just trying to see the latest info or opinions on trades.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, raBBit said:

😰

thank goodness for your countless contributions to the board during this time. i think you've made 4 posts and 3 were about me telling me to stay on topic. It's ironic, but I respect your commitment to it.

I'm glad you got the boards approval and that makes you feel better. I didn't realize e-dap was the decider, but if it is my ratio is slightly better. Also what "names" did I call you lol?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, raBBit said:

He wasn't the one who raised the issue in this thread, he was responding. Sorry but coming into a thread in which you weren't engaged to attack a poster who was, when you havent even discussed the thread topic in the first place, is a prick move. If we're talking about things we would rather not see disrupting a thread, there you go.

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

yes, every post in this thread is about the trade deadline.

ive' made tons of posts about trades. meanwhile you've made one post in this thread and it had nothing to do with the topic at hand. congratulations. keep posting some fake rumors and keep that insider cred.

18 minutes ago, raBBit said:

hmmm, show me in my post where I called you a "bunch of names?"

As I asked SS2k, please don't lie and make up things I never said. Don't put words in my mouth. Ignore me if you have an issue with my posts, and go cry to someone else because you making this personal is your own problem.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

30 minutes ago, raBBit said:

1.) Gio

2.) Keuchel

3.) Free Agent/Trade

4.) Cease

5.) Dunning

This makes sense. Sox should look to be aggressive this offseason to add a SP via FA or trade.

Kopech/Stiever/Lambert/Flores provide additional SP depth

50 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

The fact the Rangers held onto Lynn should tell you all you need to know about how high their asking price was. It made way too much sense for them to deal him at peak value and the declined to. 

Sox made the right call to not overpay

I'm actually surprised the rangers didn't accept a lesser package, they really needed to move him.  what a strange decision 

50 minutes ago, raBBit said:

1.) Gio

2.) Keuchel

3.) Free Agent/Trade

4.) Cease

5.) Dunning

Why does Kopech have to wait until June again?  With a normal offseason and like 7 weeks of Spring Training, he ought to be as ready to go as anyone else, unless this is to claw back that year of service time, which would be a weird thing to do in what should be a competitive year.

43 minutes ago, quickman said:

Quick question on bummer. If what you hear is bad why don’t the whitesox move to surgery to fix so he is ready by spring training or at least by opening day next year? The Sox have done this before wait and rehab only to have it bite them later.

If it's truly a muscle injury, there is no surgery.  A tendon issue? that's another story. But the last report was bicep strain.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Why does Kopech have to wait until June again?  With a normal offseason and like 7 weeks of Spring Training, he ought to be as ready to go as anyone else, unless this is to claw back that year of service time, which would be a weird thing to do in what should be a competitive year.

He will not have pitched in real games in 2 1/2 years. Who knows what he is doing now. He is healthy but they have no idea what they will have in him. It will take awhile to figure it out.

I think the biggest losers here are the Texas Rangers.

They somehow didn't move Lynn, their biggest piece. 

They were mad that they didn't move Mike Minor last year at peak value, their going to be mad that they didn't move Lynn at peak value, Foolish of them to ask so much.

Our White Sox were no good at the deadline, I give them a minor Loss here, but hey, it would have been 100x worse to give away our top guys for rentals, so i'm fine with it all. 

45 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

hmmm, show me in my post where I called you a "bunch of names?"

As I asked SS2k, please don't lie and make up things I never said. Don't put words in my mouth. Ignore me if you have an issue with my posts, and go cry to someone else because you making this personal is your own problem.

So he's making it personal, but you added his post to your signature.  Come on man.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Basically what ptatc says in his second post below.

53 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If it's truly a muscle injury, there is no surgery.  A tendon issue? that's another story. But the last report was bicep strain.

Isn’t it an issue with his nerve on his bicep? I’m getting the feeling we probably don’t see Bummer again in 2020.

49 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He will not have pitched in real games in 2 1/2 years. Who knows what he is doing now. He is healthy but they have no idea what they will have in him. It will take awhile to figure it out.

48 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

They were mad that they didn't move Mike Minor last year at peak value, their going to be mad that they didn't move Lynn at peak value, Foolish of them to ask so much.

Our White Sox were no good at the deadline, I give them a minor Loss here, but hey, it would have been 100x worse to give away our top guys for rentals, so i'm fine with it all. 

Spot on

57 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Thanks for responding I truly appreciate it. I just hope they are not missing something and he ends up having surgery in December. 

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

When the season starts next year, it will be about 2 and a half years since he's thrown a competitive pitch. He is absolutely starting the year in the minors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Agreed.  I would love to know one or two of the deals they turned down today.