Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why do you feel Kopech is part of it? Even if he is, it’s going to be as PTBNL and that speculation and wait for confirmation will be brutal. 

Honestly, once he opted-out I kind of felt the Sox might try to use him as a trade chip for a legit TOR starter, primarily because he hasn’t pitched for two years and will require a lot of hand holding these next couple season.  And the fact they shopped him as part of the Clevinger trade kind of cements that, assuming the rumor is true.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because we know they shopped Kopech as part of a Clevinger trade, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he was involved in deals for other players.  Heuer didn’t pitch today when there were multiple opportunities for him too and Cishek is saying major league talent is involved.  And Collins is not traveling with the team despite being the clear number three catcher.

Collins not traveling with the team makes a ton of sense; they just optioned him and they may want to get him reps. Mercedes is fine as an "emergency" catcher to travel with the team and him missing reps doesn't hurt as much.

Heuer has disappeared already twice this year for a few days; although I'd say this one has more legs than Collins.

Kopech... I mean this is possible but also the easiest name to link

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Collins not traveling with the team makes a ton of sense; they just optioned him and they may want to get him reps. Mercedes is fine as an "emergency" catcher to travel with the team and him missing reps doesn't hurt as much.

Heuer has disappeared already twice this year for a few days; although I'd say this one has more legs than Collins.

Kopech... I mean this is possible but also the easiest name to link

this

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Trammels been traded twice in 12 months, wouldn’t be surprised if he is one of the highly ranked guys whose star has long since fallen among scouts

He’s definitely been losing some steam and it’s very possible the big prospect publications are just lagging behind in awareness

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s definitely been losing some steam and it’s very possible the big prospect publications are just lagging behind in awareness

Still doesn't make sense. Even losing steam he still has to be considered viable prospect. Torrens is a decent prospect as well. If this were dynasty league, the trade would be shot down in a NY minute.

13 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Heuer and Collins 100% in my opinion. The headline will make all the difference. If Kopech? Probably Clevinger or Woodruff. If Steiver or Dunning probably Lance Lynn. 

Frankly, I'm not sold on Kopech. I think there's still a good chance that he falls far short of his billing. I would much rather include him and get Woodruff in return who is controllable until 2025, than include Dunning and get two years of Lance Lynn.

Edited by skooch
  • Like 1