Jump to content
bmags

Trade Watch Rumor

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You are a very important poster on this forum and help to keep it fun. But for fucks sakes let people dream a little 🤣 

yeah, i was being a bit of a debbie downer. ill admit that. the fake insiders are such dorks it irks me for some reason lol. 

I also don't really want to trade very many people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

to clarify, he follows him but has been for a long time if it's in order. Also, he follows other Indians too.

They gonna trade TA to the Indians for Lindor 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orlando said:

I’ll lose my mind if the Twins get Lynn or someone like him and the Sox do nothing and then I see some moron saying “thank God we didn’t mortgage the future”

Oh me and you both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orlando said:

I’ll lose my mind if the Twins get Lynn or someone like him and the Sox do nothing and then I see some moron saying “thank God we didn’t mortgage the future”

We get it, dude. You want to win the World Series and don’t really care what it takes to make that happen. You’ve made it clear. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Oh me and you both. 

I'd be upset in a regular year, but this year is just so bizarre and with the 3 game first round series, it's an even bigger crap shoot; I wouldn't value WAR acquired this year for anything really. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sold on having to blow the farm up on a top starter in 2020.

Cease and Dunning look like they could hold down the #3 and #4 without much difficulty - if they had to,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knightni said:

I'm not sold on having to blow the farm up on a top starter in 2020.

Cease and Dunning look like they could hold down the #3 and #4 without much difficulty - if they had to,

Cease as a #3 in the playoffs? Dunning pitched what? 5 innings yesterday with a limit and was topping out at 91. He's not all the way back yet. 

Edited by Baron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baron said:

I wouldn't be looking forward to facing him. Twins getting a better pitcher for this year and next year is not a good thing. 

I know LL has been really good in Texas, and yes he would improve the Twins. But he doesn’t exactly strike fear in me, and the Twins are going to be our closest competition in this 5-7 season window. If they hurt their future by giving up Lewis or Kiriloff for 35 Lance Lynn starts, I think the Sox are better off long term.

Both of these teams are making the playoffs this season and frankly there is really no difference in what seed you have other than bragging rights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I know LL has been really good in Texas, and yes he would improve the Twins. But he doesn’t exactly strike fear in me, and the Twins are going to be our closest competition in this 5-7 season window. If they hurt their future by giving up Lewis or Kiriloff for 35 Lance Lynn starts, I think the Sox are better off long term.

Both of these teams are making the playoffs this season and frankly there is really no difference in what seed you have other than bragging rights. 

Them getting him should worry you. He's one of the better pitchers in baseball.  Their OF is already in place. It doesn't really hurt them. 

Edited by Baron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knightni said:

I'm not sold on having to blow the farm up on a top starter in 2020.

Cease and Dunning look like they could hold down the #3 and #4 without much difficulty - if they had to,

Cease has been pretty terrible so far. I wouldn’t trust him in the postseason. And I‘d be more than willing to send him packing for Woodruff or Clevinger, since I don’t think he will ever have acceptable fastball command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Can we PLEASE get all the trade rumor threads merged? Once a rumor has actually got some legs it can be broken off into its own thread but right now we have 3 different threads dedicated to general trade speculation. 

No sir. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baron said:

Them getting him should worry you. He's one of the better pitchers in baseball. 

He has been for the last 40 starts. I don’t think he will be for his next 35. LL is a rock solid #3 type. He’s good. He’s not a TOR pitcher. We can agree to disagree if you’d like. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiSox59 said:

He has been for the last 40 starts. I don’t think he will be for his next 35. LL is a rock solid #3 type. He’s good. He’s not a TOR pitcher. We can agree to disagree if you’d like. 

I mean the stats just say your wrong. But that's fine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

What was he right on? Honest question. The only thing I remember was the Robert extension, but that was after Jimmy posted that they were talking. 

He said Hahn was going to spend this offseason

He had the Robert extension

He reported the Sox serious interest in Cishek before anyone

He reported the Sox were not in on Castellanos

He said the Sox and Moncada were discussing an extension before anyone

He said the Sox loved Kelley a month before the draft

He said Kopech was opting out for reasons not related to mental health

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He said Hahn was going to spend this offseason

He had the Robert extension

He reported the Sox serious interest in Cishek before anyone

He reported the Sox were not in on Castellanos

He said the Sox and Moncada were discussing an extension before anyone

He said the Sox loved Kelley a month before the draft

He said Kopech was opting out for reasons not related to mental health

You are saying a lot of things that simply aren't true to support your claim.

1. Everyone did
2. I'll argue this until I'm blue in the face, but he read the tea leaves here... but if I will give him "one move" for the year, this is it
3. No
4. So? Plenty of people said this.
5. Wrong
6. The Sox scouted him multiple times; I knew that and I'm not an insider
7. Piggybacked this as well; this was said by multiple people.

I follow about 500 Sox twitter accounts, and what Cishek does is play off the story or the speculation/thought/feed. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a buddy that works in the front office who blurted out one thing to him once. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when our resident media expert was yelling at everyone that the Twitter reports of philly on Wheeler were just made up agent leverage and Philly had no money to sign him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

I remember when our resident media expert was yelling at everyone that the Twitter reports of philly on Wheeler were just made up agent leverage and Philly had no money to sign him.

who's the resident media expert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My goodness. Teams don't keep trades under wraps for nearly 24 hours in 2020.

Soxtalk people speculated heuer. Its all it is. Speculation 

It probably is. That said you don't know everything.  The smartest guy in the room act is comical. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

yeah, i was being a bit of a debbie downer. ill admit that. the fake insiders are such dorks it irks me for some reason lol. 

I also don't really want to trade very many people. 

I do agree with you on that ray. I don't want to trade many people either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×