Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

The problem is Kopech alone won't do it. If it was only one of thier pitchers, I would be for it too. However, the reports out there is that is will be multiple. They will have an offense and a bad pitching staff in 2 years as all of the recent drafts are HS pitchers and are years away from making it to the MLB let alone being competitive.

The sox could re-sign him, or sign a different pitcher, or find garret crochet was a starter. There are multiple offseasons and years to figure that out (or they could trade the high schoolers)

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

If we're not competitive in 2024, it won't be because we traded away a guy in 2020, it will be because our scouting, drafting, and INTL fell off a cliff (a la the cubs). The dodgers 4 years ago drafted Gavin Lux, 4 years prior to that they drafted Corey Seager. They were a playoff team through all of that. They can now trade away lux for whatever they want or have a new 3b post Turner. Sox can't stop the pipeline.

Yes it will because they have a good core right now that is under their control. Cease, Dunning and Kopech is a good start to a talented staff. The current group of young starters Thompson, Kelley and Dalquist are all HS guys and would just be making it to the MLB.

Edited by ptatc

Just now, bmags said:

If we're not competitive in 2024, it won't be because we traded away a guy in 2020, it will be because our scouting, drafting, and INTL fell off a cliff (a la the cubs). The dodgers 4 years ago drafted Gavin Lux, 4 years prior to that they drafted Corey Seager. They were a playoff team through all of that. They can now trade away lux for whatever they want or have a new 3b post Turner. Sox can't stop the pipeline.

The current core should be good enough in 2024 to not require a lot of additional production.  People act like the Cubs struggled because they traded away guys, but it’s more that some of their core guys stalled in their development. Even then, it’s not like the team has been bad.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

The current core should be good enough in 2024 to not require a lot of additional production.  People act like the Cubs struggled because they traded away guys, but it’s more that some of their core guys stalled in their development. Even then, it’s not like the team has been bad.

I know, I actually fell into the trap I dislike. Their core is so strong they've been right in it.

But they definitely hit that maxed payroll/tapped farm that I think scares a lot of sox fans most after seeing the post WS team struggle to get over the hump.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

The lineup, yes. The pitching not so much if they trade away 2 of Kopech, Dunning and Steiver.

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

and would have been made already, at least from the Sox side. Either Kopech or Dunning is most likely gone today. Return better be stellar. 

I don’t think Dunning is going anywhere now. If he goes, most certainly won’t be for  Lynn.

• Like 1

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Are we talking Giolito pitching to McCann or Giolito pitching to anyone else? Because they’re two different guys.

lol I think Giolito has an edge counting this year, but I don't think Giolito is a "3", I'd say he's a 2. I don't think Clevinger is your true ace, but I'd say he's Giolito's level. Berrios/Clevinger/Giolito feel like that same level, Bieber at this point may be on his way to being the only true ace in the central (or Mize).

31 minutes ago, Baron said:

I say we sell. Lets get rid of Gio,Dallas,Abreu,McCann,Eloy and Moncada. Then in 2029 we can argue about not trading prospects again and how wide open our window is when the team is playing well/but not worthy of injecting more talent into. It'll be fun. 

Yes, because wanting caution at the trading deadline in our first year of our contention window is the same as wanting to blow it up and start all over.

Giolito has 6.6 fWAR in his last 220 innings pitched as a 26 yr old and he's not a 1 and won't become one... it's an interesting proclamation to say the least. That's 7th highest in baseball in the past 1 yr + 1 month.

White Sox fans underrating of Giolito is just odd. Maybe it's because he was so bad for that period of time.

In Giolito last 220 IP he has a higher WAR than Verlander and Strasberg in near identical IP. I doubt anyone would question those guys title as a #1.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

26 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

With 3/5 of your rotation struggling to get thru 5 innings in 2021, this place will have a total meltdown here by mid May when they realize Ricky has burned the bullpen out.  

Cease and especially Lopez have been very disappointing so far.  Had one of those guys taken that #3 role and taken off with pitching efficient innings, the comfort level going forward would not be one of needing to sell off part of the future right now for an established starter. 

This phase of getting to know your players and letting them grow up on the job is a part of the rebuild.  They don't all just make their MLB debut's and turn into stars on Day 1.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, because wanting caution at the trading deadline in our first year of our contention window is the same as wanting to blow it up and start all over.

And trading Dunning means we're ruined it. 

Knowing Hahn and KW I think what they do is completely off the radar.

Marte, Bradley and Ray for Stiever, Lopez, Adolfo and Mazara.

Essentially

Ray for Mazara -> Diamondbacks get a replacement for Marte with 1 year of control for a distressed asset in Ray that hasn't delivered in his contract year.

Bradley for Stiever and Adolfo -> Bradley has this year and all of next year

Marte for Lopez -> Marte has this year and next and then is a FA.

Reylo has 3 years of control
Stiever has 6 years of control
Adolfo has 6 years of control
Mazara has 1 year of control after this

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

They traded their top guys, and they didn't develop any real pitching internally.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Giolito died?  Crap 

Clevinger is a top 10 pitcher. Giolito has the makings and ability to be there too. 

Give me 10 slots, pitchers for the rest of the year + next year (assuming health is all there). So basically who would i want to run out there, healthy for next 40 starts. 

1- DeGrom

2- Cole

3 - Bieber

4 - S. Gray - controversial in the sense where his stuff may not blow you away, but results are nonstop. 

5 - Verlander (assuming health think he still has the stuff)

6- Scherzer

7 - Buehler

8 - Darvish - he's like Bauer, but so locked in. 

9 - Clevinger

10 - Bauer (tough guy to place. when on and locked in he's top 5. other times he's top 50. very up and down, but has to make the list)

Giolito is in that next tier with Glasnow, Paddack, Flaherty, Snell, Lynn, Kershaw, Gallen, Nola.