Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Amazing how differently the Sox and Indians do business. Indians trade Bauer and Clevinger while contending. The Sox would never do that. Not a criticism, just an observation.

It should absolutely be a criticism. Could you imagine this place if the Sox traded Keuchal rn?

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Amazing how differently the Sox and Indians do business. Indians trade Bauer and Clevinger while contending. The Sox would never do that. Not a criticism, just an observation.

I like it personally. Last winter I suggested the Sox consider doing the same with Giolito if they don’t think they can extend him but only if they get a haul in return. This looks like a haul for the Indians for 2+ Years of Clevinger.

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Sonny Gray as a major league record currently for starts not allowing more than 6 hits. It's been 2+ yaers and almost 40 starts wtihout letting up more than 6 hits. 

So you ask me who i want for the next 40 starts? you better believe he's in that top 10. We'd walk away with 30 wins in his 40 starts. he keeps you in the game. like i said i knew he'd be the most controversial, but you can't argue results. 

and i see kershaw, i own him on many fantasy teams, I can see putting him in somewhere between 8-10 to replace a bauer or clevinger. 

I'd challenge people who want to criticize to make their own list for the next 40 starts and see what you come up with. 

Not really criticizing, not really.  Just my opinion going back.  I don't understand how the best starting pitcher since Pedro, who is pitching like an absolute beast isn't top 10 worthy.  In my opinion he is number 1.

Kershaw, Scherzer, Verlander, deGrom,Cole, Beiber, Flaherty, Buehler... 

Then it gets squishier where you could put a whole bunch of guys, maybe even Gray.  I can see the argument.  This time last year, I'd have Kluber or Sale there, but the injuries have bumped them both.  Bauer was completely terrible last year, though when he is locked in he is great, but you can say that about a bunch of guys.  

I think I'd have to put Greinke in there, then you could go with any number of guys at 10.

And again, sorry, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk.  

I find it funny that people think the Indians lost that deal, yet Sox fans would have been livid if the Sox traded:

Dunning, Collins and Madrigal for Clevinger. Madrigal a little bigger prospect, but not by much based on some publications. Or would they be happy with that move? Maybe I'm confused.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Just now, smellysox said:

I hope the Sox involvement with this made the Padres give up even more top prospects. 

I hope it didn't. Cleveland now has a parallel restock on offense to match our 4-5 year window...and they have better pitching currently. This deals hurts big time in two ways. Gotta beat a better Cleveland team the next few years and Padres are making a world series or two in the next 2-3 seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

lol

I've always thought Not Steve was full of shit, but people here keep telling me how legitimate he is. Has he really gotten much correct aside from throwing shit at the wall?

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Arias is a top 100 prospect
Naylor is a top 100 prospect
Quantrill was a top 50 prospect

Arias is one of the fastest rising prospects in baseball too.

Doesn't matter how good Arias is, because his role is replacing Lindor, and I feel confident that he won't be that good.