Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if they trade for Lynn, in the playoffs do we have that much more confidence in him? He's an upgrade, but either way you're going to hope the guy can give you 5 innings and be ready with the short hook if the guy gets in trouble. 

Lynn is a way better pitcher than you apparently think he is imo. To me, he is close to Giolito at the moment, probably between Giolito and Keuchel..

Edited by Vulture

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Lynn is a way better pitcher than you apparently think he is imo. To me, he is close to Giolito at the moment, probably between Giolito and Keuchel..

I also do care about experience in playoffs for pitchers. It doesn't always matter, but Lynn has been there, and I just feel confident in a guy that can make it tolerable even without his best stuff in a game. 

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. He isn't going to get away with it against a good team. But if he finds a way to harness it, a good team isn't going to get away with facing him. Unless they are acquiring a sure thing that is going to be around for a while, or a top of the line prospect wtih control, there is no reason to part with Cease right now. And I wouldn't trade  Kopech either. And Dunning would have a huge price tag. Replacements cost a ton of money. If these guys develop like hoped, the window remains open a lot longer. And someone will get hurt. That can't be avoided.  You are going to need all these guys.

I'm a believer in Cease long term. Just think he'll likely get lit up in 2020 playoffs. I think he's going to be like Garland, probably be at least a couple years before he puts it all together. I think Lynn could be had without giving up those three. Something like the Stiever package someone posted earlier

Edited by Vulture