Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I also do care about experience in playoffs for pitchers. It doesn't always matter, but Lynn has been there, and I just feel confident in a guy that can make it tolerable even without his best stuff in a game. 

This is a great reason why Cease should get a chance to start in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

This is a great reason why Cease should get a chance to start in the playoffs.

lots of people forget how terrible Giolito was in 2018 before eventually figuring things out. Sox fans need to give Cease time, it is not an issue of stuff, but rather commanding his pitches consistently and hitting spots. 

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

lots of people forget how terrible Giolito was in 2018 before eventually figuring things out. Sox fans need to give Cease time, it is not an issue of stuff, but rather commanding his pitches consistently and hitting spots. 

No one is saying we shouldn't give him time or he will never be good. We are talking about this specific season and pitching in the playoffs THIS year.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

He's a dude that needs his innings.  If he figures out his technique and consistency, he is a TOR arm and stuff.  He just needs his reps to try to make that click.

Putting him in Game 3 vs the Yankees sounds like a great idea. 

Just now, steveno89 said:

I don't think anyone is not wanting to give Cease time.  Cease is fine right now being a #4 or #5 an possibly not getting a start in the playoffs right now.  

Just now, Baron said:

Putting him in Game 3 vs the Yankees sounds like a great idea. 

It's year one of being a contender.  This is a part of the program.  Guys need to get experience.  It won't be pretty at times, but this is a part of the rebuild process.  You got the Ferrari, now you need to figure out how to drive it.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

It's year one of being a contender.  This is a part of the program.  Guys need to get experience.  It won't be pretty at times, but this is a part of the rebuild process.  You got the Ferrari, now you need to figure out how to drive it.

Well I'm glad we can just blow games and years in the playoffs for that matter. What a nice luxury to have! Maybe someday we'll take it seriously. 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I don't think anyone is not wanting to give Cease time.  Cease is fine right now being a #4 or #5 an possibly not getting a start in the playoffs right now.  

Exactly, if you pick up another starter and Dunning outpitches him the rest of the way, it would be hard to justify giving him a start. He's absolutely taking the ball every 5th day the rest of the season though.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I would love to have him pitch in the playoffs, even if he fails miserably.  There is no trade off for that kind of experience.  You can't simulate that sort of intensity.  Getting that in year 1 would be a huge push forward not only for Cease, for all of the guys on this team.  Trust me when I say that there will be plenty of these guys who look overmatched in the playoffs.