Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I highly doubt we move a pen piece for a RF but I could see a pen piece going for another SP as part of a package

Yeah I wouldn't have a problem with that. Having another guy who can go 7-8 innings would in effect deepen the bullpen anyway.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m more concerned about our bullpen without Heuer than our offense with Mazara / Engel platooning in RF.

If we do move Heuer, I wonder if the plan is to immediately send Lopez & Rodon to the pen.

Renteria basically said Dunning is in the rotation. So with Gio, Keuchel, Cease, if they trade for another guy, Lopez and Rodon are bullpen bound.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Renteria basically said Dunning is in the rotation. So with Gio, Keuchel, Cease, if they trade for another guy, Lopez and Rodon are bullpen bound.

Yeah, I kind of worded that stupidly, but I guess what I mean is do the Sox feel they can trade Heuer because they feel Lopez & Rodon can be effective out of the pen?

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, I kind of worded that stupidly, but I guess what I mean is do the Sox feel they can trade Heuer because they feel Lopez & Rodon can be effective out of the pen?

I don’t know the answer to your question really but Rodon in the bullpen throwing 65%+ sliders and max effort fastball should be a good combo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I understand that, but Heuer has thrown 10 innings. To think a guy like Marte wouldn’t have a bigger effect wouldn’t be accurate.

Obviously in a vacuum Marte is more valuable, but a weak bullpen could sink the best lineup in the world particularly in the playoffs. Not worth the risk imo when we already have an explosive offense, unless you've got some way of replacing Heuer to follow up.. Can't just rely on the back end of the bullpen in today's game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Obviously in a vacuum Marte is more valuable, but a weak bullpen could sink the best lineup in the world particularly in the playoffs. Not worth the risk imo when we already have an explosive offense, unless you've got some way of replacing Heuer to follow up.. Can't just rely on the back end of the bullpen in today's game.

Fully agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

If the White Sox use prospects to get another starter, with Rodon returning at some point and hopefully Bummer,  they would be there, and Lopez would most likely be a bullpen piece as well. 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Trading Heuer for Marte would be dumb, and I like Marte a lot. It shouldn't take a ton to get Marte. I figured when we were discussing Heuer it was for someone like Lynn. Marte can be had for a few A or AA players

I feel like it’s really weird for the Dbacks to dump all their guys and ask for a current reliever back

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I wouldn’t mind If nobody gets traded. Take a shot with the current roster this year.

Spend money on RF and SP in the offseason. 

Trading Grandal would be ok with me if it is followed by an extension for McCann.

The Sox are not spending anymore big money this next off-season.  We need to get this through our heads.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like it’s really weird for the Dbacks to dump all their guys and ask for a current reliever back

My thought didn’t necessarily said it would be for him, but this would clearly be a salary dump for the DBacks.  There seems to be a reason Heuer was held out today. Maybe he is part of another deal. Make he was under the weather. I am just speculating about not Steves tweet. He said someone on the roster and a minor leaguer. It could be Engel or even Mazara or I might be way off. Or he might be way off. He said Soz fans will like it. I don’t think anyone would tell him that if Kopech or Cease or Dunning were involved.

And KW always gets his man. The Sox really wanted Marte when he signed with the Pirates.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Then we would have no backup C next year.

Grandal is signed for four years to play a bunch; if thats the argument keeping us from dealing away Collins to acquire someone that can help us in the playoffs, I'm not sure its a persuasive one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

My thought didn’t necessarily said it would be for him, but this would clearly be a salary dump for the DBacks.  There seems to be a reason Heuer was held out today. Maybe he is part of another deal. Make he was under the weather. I am just speculating about not Steves tweet. He said someone on the roster and a minor leaguer. It could be Engel or even Mazara or I might be way off. Or he might be way off. He said Soz fans will like it. I don’t think anyone would tell him that if Kopech or Cease or Dunning were involved.

I agree he has a big target in his back for a trade target, missed the origin of the marte stuff.

If we are trading heuer just feels like he’d go to the mil/cle teams that are ostensibly trying to retool while still competing.

Before a huge trade goes down, please remember that both teams the Sox traded with in 16 won a World Series eventually. Sale helped Boston and Eaton helped Washington. Mortgaging the future was worth it. And the prospects they gave us are way better than the ones everyone is trying to keep.

Edited by Orlando

12 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Sox are not spending anymore big money this next off-season.  We need to get this through our heads.

Why not? There is a lot of money coming off the books potentially. Don't necessarily need to spend big on a RF either, just need someone solid out there.