Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Love how all the beat writers are now saying "Rodon is coming back!" Like I need to leap out of my chair that the often injured gas can is coming back. 

If he can be another arm as a long man (2-3 innings) that would be extremely useful since we have 3 starters leaving games early right now and since Renteria refuses to use Detweiler in that role.

Just now, chw42 said:

Maybe we can combine Reylo and Rodon so they never throw more than 50 pitches a game. 

Yes, they should be tandem starters like Gonzalez and Lopez were supposed to be. Let the first one go 2 or 3, and the second one go 2 or3 and flip the line up, leave 3 or 4 for the bullpen. Not a bad way to use the 5th starter spot.

So if there was never a trade agreed upon we are left with the fact that our coach is just incompetent? I was at least holding out hope that there was a reason Cisheck was used in a high leverage situation yesterday. Nope, just bad coaching...awesome

sadly that’s my biggest takeaway from all this

Edited by TheFutureIsNear
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

1. Giolito

2. Keuchel

3. Cease

4. Dunning

5. Lopez with hopefully Kopech replacing him after a couple months

Honestly Gio Gonzalez until Kopech is read to go, then move both to the pen... Might be in the minority here, but I think Lopez could make a solid 6th inning/take over for a starter for 2-3 innings type.

Edited by Soxnfins

5 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

We need to replace Rodon's spot in the rotation in the offseason imo... unless we just keep him as a #5, which I'm not sure about him lasting more than like 9 starts in a season.

He'll probably be non tendered.  What a waste, dude's arm is just made of balsa wood and not the best attitude either.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

So if there was never a trade agreed upon we are left with the fact that our coach is just incompetent? I was at least holding out hope that there was a reason Cisheck was used in a leverage situation yesterday. Nope, just bad coaching...awesome

😂this is hilarious because it's literally the first thing that popped into my head when it was confirmed he wasn't traded.

like wait... why was cishek pitching yesterday if you weren't maybe moving some of the other guys?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

So if there was never a trade agreed upon we are left with the fact that our coach is just incompetent? I was at least holding out hope that there was a reason Cisheck was used in a leverage situation yesterday. Nope, just bad coaching...awesome

Wait till he gets rewarded with a 3 to 5 year deal for being "successful" this season. 

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

S

So if there was never a trade agreed upon we are left with the fact that our coach is just incompetent? I was at least holding out hope that there was a reason Cisheck was used in a high leverage situation yesterday. Nope, just bad coaching...awesome

Cishek had been a little better lately. They gave him the assignment they expected him to handle when they signed him yesterday. One really bad pitch, and he blew it.

I'm shocked Lynn didn't go somewhere. What a waste for Texas. Sounds like Daniels wants to win every big deal outright.

Not shocked the Sox didn't make any deals. Asking prices were probably too high - the Padres deal for Clevinger is solid volume we just don't have. I bet Texas was heavy on someone untouchable - Vaughn + Kopech or something similar. Maybe even Robert like that beatwriter tossed out - which if true Daniels is insane.

I’m glad they stayed put. It sounds like the cost for Lynn and most of the other players were too high. Look we’re in 1st place. We’re in a good spot. You give the young players a chance to get some experience in the playoffs and if they end up short than you can add some pieces in the offseason to improve the team. 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

😂this is hilarious because it's literally the first thing that popped into my head when it was confirmed he wasn't traded.

like wait... why was cishek pitching yesterday if you weren't maybe moving some of the other guys?

They really thought he had been pitching better and wanted to given him a shot. Seems obvious Heuer has something going on and Foster was used in an emergency.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

lol, of course people are taking this WAAAAYYY to seriously.

I agree, there is no reason to threaten him. Unfortunately, that is where we are at today. That said, he did himself no favors by continuing to insist he was right, and taking a challenge. His reputation is ruined. That should be enough though for others, but when you are on the internet, you can be a real tough guy.

• Like 1