bmags

Trade Watch Rumor

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

I'm thinking Kopech + Dunning, Stiever or Vaughn. Something with just too much from the top end of our prospects.

I could see the Indians demanding that, I wouldnt give him up to a divisional rival without a hosing either, but if that's what Texas was after they are nuts

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They added a ton this off season.

In reality outside of pitching what else is a long term need.  Mazara is obviously not the guy.  We need a RF.  Thats really the only hole in the lineup.  One spot.  Vaughn will fill Edwins spot.  Our pen needs to get deeper.  And a front line starter never hurts.  

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Not Ross Detwiler will be scooping everyone in the offseason.

RR will accidentally call that guy in from the bullpen one day.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That is actually a pretty classy move by Not Steve. Alot and I mean ALOT of "insiders" would backtrack and try to spin shit (cough... Joe Cowley... cough) but he is 100% owning up to it. I applaud the lad. And the twitter trolls threatening his life and such that I saw on replies can go to hell. I mean good lord..

Threatening twitter trolls is a sadder existence than being a twitter troll.

Well, the Sox may not have gotten better via trade at the deadline, but neither did the Twins and you could argue that Cleveland got worse, but at best they are about the same

I’m surprised they did absolutely nothing, but can’t exactly blame them for not wanting to acquire a backend depth guy after what happened last time. 

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

no pleasing some. 

That is one dude I am happy not to follow, and would be thrilled if I never saw another of his tweets.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

He's throwing at 91 though. I think before TJS he was at 93-95. 

I thought his first outing the velocity was a little higher than the second outing. His debut against Mize I thought he was 93 - 95. Definitely down a little on the second.

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I could see the Indians demanding that, I wouldnt give him up to a divisional rival without a hosing either, but if that's what Texas was after they are nuts

I have to think the Lynn demands were super high because he didn't move and multiple teams were rumored. You'd figure one of the White Sox, Yankees, Braves, Dodgers, Padres (maybe? I forget) would've been able to meet an acceptable price.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

That is one dude I am happy not to follow, and would be thrilled if I never saw another of his tweets.

I don't know if Sox Machine is a blog, or podcast, or something else, but those dudes just seem really negative and awful on twitter whenever I see their names. Makes me have zero interest in consuming whatever product they put out.

Just now, chitown87 said:

I don't know if Sox Machine is a blog, or podcast, or something else, but those dudes just seem really negative and awful on twitter whenever I see their names. Makes me have zero interest in consuming whatever product they put out.

White Sox Talk (Garfein) is what you listen to if you want homerish, positive takes on the Sox. Yeah, it's fluffy, but you also feel good.

Sox Machine is what you listen to if you want to hate the team you love.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They added a ton this off season.

He said the same thing a few times at the Winter Meetings, especially the so-called potential trade that kept them up at night with excitement.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

White Sox Talk (Garfein) is what you listen to if you want homerish, positive takes on the Sox. Yeah, it's fluffy, but you also feel good.

Sox Machine is what you listen to if you want to hate the team you love.

I listen to Sox Machine every so often. They're not very engaging hosts and the podcasts seem to drag on.

Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.  I'm thrilled we didn't trade any young guys.  Yes, RF would have been a good place to upgrade, but if the cost wasn't right, then it isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

If Rick doesn't make a move I'm done with this team!

Damn, I can't believe I have to ban Ron over this.

RIP Ron.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mqr said:

I’m surprised they did absolutely nothing, but can’t exactly blame them for not wanting to acquire a backend depth guy after what happened last time. 

That would have been pointless imo. Either a guy you can plug into the top three or nothing if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

I have to think the Lynn demands were super high because he didn't move and multiple teams were rumored. You'd figure one of the White Sox, Yankees, Braves, Dodgers, Padres (maybe? I forget) would've been able to meet an acceptable price.

I think this season really messed with things also. I think Marte looks like the highest dollar player who moved, and he has only an option next year, so teams really weren't adding payroll for next year at all.

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

I listen to Sox Machine every so often. They're not very engaging hosts and the podcasts seem to drag on.

When you sell it like that...

Kopech still here...

Vaughn still here...

Madrigal still here...

Dunning still here...

I’m good!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Damn, I can't believe I have to ban Ron over this.

RIP Ron.

Don't threaten me with a good time unless you mean it.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

When you sell it like that...

I don't know why I kept tuning in to be honest.

12 minutes ago, almagest said:

I agree. I'm sure Hahn made him a reasonable offer. He's kind of good at trades, the one not to be mentioned not withstanding