bmags

Trade Watch Rumor

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So he's making it personal, but you added his post to your signature.  Come on man.

lol i thought it was pretty funny. now sure how it's personal, but it gives me a laugh when i see it.

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Why does Kopech have to wait until June again?  With a normal offseason and like 7 weeks of Spring Training, he ought to be as ready to go as anyone else, unless this is to claw back that year of service time, which would be a weird thing to do in what should be a competitive year.

Basically what ptatc says in his second post below.

53 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If it's truly a muscle injury, there is no surgery.  A tendon issue? that's another story. But the last report was bicep strain.

Isn’t it an issue with his nerve on his bicep? I’m getting the feeling we probably don’t see Bummer again in 2020.

49 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He will not have pitched in real games in 2 1/2 years. Who knows what he is doing now. He is healthy but they have no idea what they will have in him. It will take awhile to figure it out.

48 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I think the biggest losers here are the Texas Rangers.

They somehow didn't move Lynn, their biggest piece. 

They were mad that they didn't move Mike Minor last year at peak value, their going to be mad that they didn't move Lynn at peak value, Foolish of them to ask so much.

Our White Sox were no good at the deadline, I give them a minor Loss here, but hey, it would have been 100x worse to give away our top guys for rentals, so i'm fine with it all. 

Spot on

57 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If it's truly a muscle injury, there is no surgery.  A tendon issue? that's another story. But the last report was bicep strain.

Thanks for responding I truly appreciate it. I just hope they are not missing something and he ends up having surgery in December. 

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Why does Kopech have to wait until June again?  With a normal offseason and like 7 weeks of Spring Training, he ought to be as ready to go as anyone else, unless this is to claw back that year of service time, which would be a weird thing to do in what should be a competitive year.

When the season starts next year, it will be about 2 and a half years since he's thrown a competitive pitch. He is absolutely starting the year in the minors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I think the biggest losers here are the Texas Rangers.

They somehow didn't move Lynn, their biggest piece. 

They were mad that they didn't move Mike Minor last year at peak value, their going to be mad that they didn't move Lynn at peak value, Foolish of them to ask so much.

Our White Sox were no good at the deadline, I give them a minor Loss here, but hey, it would have been 100x worse to give away our top guys for rentals, so i'm fine with it all. 

Agreed.  I would love to know one or two of the deals they turned down today.

6 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

When the season starts next year, it will be about 2 and a half years since he's thrown a competitive pitch. He is absolutely starting the year in the minors.

I agree, and that assumes Kopech decides to return to baseball next year.  

I would rather have a second half call-up allowing for development to start the year, and have him available to pitch through year-end including postseason, vs. what Washington did with the September shutdown of Steven Strasburg several years ago. I don't see him being allowed to exceed 140 innings next year, consistent with his final active season.

2016 56 IP

2017 134 IP

2018 140 IP

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1