Final guesses at the Trade Deadline

southsider2k5

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Lynn for Stiever, Adolfo, Heuer +

I'd be fine with that.  Would try to keep Adolfo as I think we ultimately regret that one.  Also if we're weakening our pen moving Heuer, we probably need to find another vet BP arm to bring in on the cheap.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd be fine with that.  Would try to keep Adolfo as I think we ultimately regret that one.  Also if we're weakening our pen moving Heuer, we probably need to find another vet BP arm to bring in on the cheap.  

Good point.

Lynn for Stiever, Heuer, Adolfo

David Phelps for Collins, Flores

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just over 2 hours to go until the deadline.  Let's hear everyone's guesses.

-Who do the Sox trade for?

-What are the primary pieces dealt?

I think Sox deal for Kevin Gausman and give up a guy like Gavin Sheets

David Phelps could be a possibility for a low level guy? 

Standing pat is not out of the question, but I think they make at least one trade. No major blockbuster expected. 

Sox will trade for someone like Archie Bradley and Not Steve Cishek will take full credit even though he was wrong. If they talk to Hahn he will say they were in on several names but ultimately it didn't make sense to forfeit a lot of the future for a very brief present. If they interview KW he will say you wouldn't believe the trade we had on the table. Would have been the biggest trade in history. Jerry was more than willing to take the huge commitment, ultimately ownership on the other side nixed the deal.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

I think they stand pat. I think there's a group of players they're comfortable moving (Kopech maybe, Stiever, Dunning maybe, Collins, Adolfo, some minor pieces like Sheets) and everyone with an impact player wants someone they don't want to trade (Vaughn, Cease).