Sox "hold steady" at deadline

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

There were other smaller moves that would have helped. Hell, the Cubs bolstered their bullpen with 4 arms. The reality is, our guys have no trade value, which is concerning. 

I uh, am cool without Josh Osich.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

I'm okay with no moves.  If Lynn wasn't traded, Texas was asking too much.  It would have been nice to have one more SP, but not if it would have cost too much of the future.

Totally agree, JD is an idiot and was clearly asking for way too much for Lynn.

The Marte trade, though, is the one I think that got away. I think we could have beaten that package without too much pain and he would have been a great fix for RF until we can find a long-term option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I'm still #WithNotSteve

Hahaha. I'll still "keep one eye open" on his tweets. It's not like he's batting .000. Same can be said with alot of guys. He is definitely taking his L now though but I won't completely dismiss him like some either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Hahaha. I'll still "keep one eye open" on his tweets. It's not like he's batting .000. Same can be said with alot of guys. He is definitely taking his L now though but I won't completely dismiss him like some either.

I mean people still post that bob twitter guy's rumors. If it says the sox are planning to do something people like it's gonna be on here.

I don't really mind that they didn't trade for Lynn.  The move that they missed was Bradley.  He would have fit nicely into an 8th inning role (Marshall back to the 7th and Bummer as your "bullpen ace") and could have taken over as closer next year.  And they could have acquired him for a prospect or two that we wouldn't have blinked over.

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

I don't really mind that they didn't trade for Lynn.  The move that they missed was Bradley.  He would have fit nicely into an 8th inning role (Marshall back to the 7th and Bummer as your "bullpen ace") and could have taken over as closer next year.  And they could have acquired him for a prospect or two that we wouldn't have blinked over.

Yeah after seeing that Bummer probably won't pitch again this year, I'm kind of mad we didn't get any bullpen arms. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Totally agree, JD is an idiot and was clearly asking for way too much for Lynn.

The Marte trade, though, is the one I think that got away. I think we could have beaten that package without too much pain and he would have been a great fix for RF until we can find a long-term option. 

Agree with this - Marte would have been nice and we could have beaten that package

I’m all for holding onto all the top young guys- Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, Dunning, 2020 picks, etc... but I feel like there was an opportunity (or 3 or 4) to improve this team’s chances in the playoffs with a minor move or 2 for the bullpen. Wouldn’t have had to give up anyone that factors significantly into the team next year either. 

But is what it is, not going to get upset. We still have a very young team with a very bright future. And in 1st place now. All is well in the White Sox world right now as far as I’m concerned. 

Just hope the trigger finger isn’t as stiff in the next year or 2 when a move is needed to be made to be true WS contenders/winners