8.31.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Fortunately 8 teams in the AL are making the playoffs, and the Sox will be one of them, so they have four weeks to get enough wins, get healthier, and try to make a run if they can win 2 out of 3, Sep 29-Oct 1.  

Edited by flavum

Just now, JoshPR said:

C'mon dude seriously

I will watch “The Catch” on YouTube every few months for the rest of my life. Hearing “ALEXEIIIIIIII!” still excites the Sox fan in me. Can you honestly say that about any moment in the game last week? I don’t even remember the call on the final out.

Just now, OmarComing25 said:

I know gamethreads are typically known for being hot take central but yeesh tonight has been something else.

Yeah, relax folks. Baseball is hard as fook and even great teams will play ugly in occasion. The Sox have been obliterating teams lately. It's all good.

5 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

No, but it’s definitely one of the less impressive no-nos we’ve seen. It wasn’t even that impressive watching it at the time. There were plenty of people in the GT talking about how the Pirates had quit the season. I was in person a few years ago when Ubaldo no-hit the Braves and it was thrilling. And it wasn’t just being there in person- MB’s games were amazing on TV and I still remember the whole family crowding around the TV when Moose almost perfected the Red Sox only to have Carl Everett wreck it. That game last week didn’t have that. It was boring. After the 7th or so, it just felt like a formality. The Pirates didn’t have any hope.

Your original take could heat Siberia in January.  Just walk away.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dallas Kong said:

I will watch “The Catch” on YouTube every few months for the rest of my life. Hearing “ALEXEIIIIIIII!” still excites the Sox fan in me. Can you honestly say that about any moment in the game last week? I don’t even remember the call on the final out.

That Tampa team wasn’t even trying also after Fields homered on getaway day.  

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Yeah, relax folks. Baseball is hard as fook and even great teams will play ugly in occasion. The Sox have been obliterating teams lately. It's all good.

It’s a barometer for how they play vs tougher competition, Twins particularly.  To this point they are yet to show up and play well.  I think the frustration is warranted.